Broadband 4G™ Radar
- Adds additional protection from the date of purchase
- Extends protection past the manufacturer warranty
Solid state radar with many advantages over old-school pulse radar.
Broadband 4G™ Radar offers all of the benefits of the Broadband 3G™ Radar, including a true 200' working range, plus some spectacular extra features. Broadband 4G has an impressive 50 percent more true range than Broadband 3G. Now you can see crystal clear targets up to 36nm away and inside strong storm cells more than 17nm away.
Broadband 4G Radar is the only dome radar to incorporate Beam Sharpening, which gives an effective azimuth resolution of a 3.5' open array with Target Separation Control for unrivaled clarity in every situation, giving you the confidence to navigate in any state of visibility. It’s capable of displaying any dual range radar combination, as well as 48RPM and up to 20 MARPA targets, which allows unprecedented simultaneous working ranges, anywhere from 200' up to 36nm in 18 range scales. No other radar in the world can do this.
- No Main Bang: Revolutionary FMCW technology.
- Lowest Emissions: Broadband Radar is so low in emissions, it beats your mobile phone!
- InstantOn: InstantOn provides an almost instant radar image. No waiting for your radar to warm up before use!
- Maximum Clarity: Broadband Radar’s target separation is unbeatable in a compact radome.
- Beam Sharpening: Broadband 4G Radar is the only dome radar in the world to employ Beam Sharpening, which allows you to control the level of target separation, so you can see the sharpest images possible when you need them most.
- More Range: 18 range scales up to 36 nautical miles. Now you can see crystal clear targets up to 32 nautical miles away and inside strong storm cells more than 17 nautical miles away.
- Dual Range: Capable of displaying Dual Range radar combination when combined with a Zeus system. Monitor targets from 200 feet to 32 nautical miles from a single dome.
- Unrivaled Short Range: Outstanding performance where it matters most, within 200ft.
- High-Speed Mode: Select 48 RPM for almost instant updating at under 1 nautical mile.
- Low Power Consumption: Ideal for sailing boats of any size.
- Quick Installation: No reason to open the dome, no tune or zero-mile adjustment, and no radar-licensed technician required.
- MARPA Target Tracking: Track up to 10 targets as standard or 20 in Dual Range mode.
- Transmit Power: 165mW
- Maximum Range: 200' to 36nm with 18 range settings
- Effective Horizontal Beamwidth: 2.6°
- Rotation Speed: 24/36/48rpm
- Height: 11"
- Radome Diameter: 19 3/16"
- Weight: 16.31lb.
- Voltage: 9V to 31.2V DC (12/24V systems)
- Amperage: 1.45A (20W @ 13.8V DC); 170mA standby (2.5W)
- Data Interface: NMEA 0183, NMEA 2000/SimNet, High-speed Ethernet
- Waterproof Rating: IPX6
- Warranty: Two years
What’s in the Box
- Broadband Radar
- Radar interconnection cable
- RI10 or RI11 Radar interface box (not included in the Lowrance 3G USA model)
- Ethernet cable: shipped with 1.8 m (6 ft)
- Display: Simrad NSO, NSE or NSS / B&G Zeus / Lowrance HDS
- SimNet or NMEA 2000 data network
- Option heading sensor required for MARPA and chart overlay
- Radar mount of your choice
Broadband 4G™ Radar
1.5 Amps (Transmit) at 13.8 Volts DC
|Beam||5.2 Degrees H x 25 Degrees V|
|Dimensions||11" Height x 19.2" Diameter|
|Display Color||Sold Separately|
|Maximum Range||36 Nautical Miles|
|Transmit Power||165 Milliwatts|
|Voltage||9 to 31.2 Volts DC|
|Warranty Details||Two Years|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
Free Standard Shipping is only applicable on orders over $49.00 and within the 48 contiguous United States. Free shipping does not apply to Truck Freight.
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 260 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 8 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers; computer software, electronics charts, and carry-on air conditioners. For electronics we will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 3 – 7 business days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464)