WEST SYSTEM–G/flex 655-8 Epoxy Adhesive
G/flex 655-8 Epoxy Adhesive
|Best Use||Permanent Waterproof Bonding of Plastic, Fiberglass, Ceramics, Metals, Damp and Difficult-to-Bond Woods|
8 Ounces Resin
8 Ounces Hardener
|Cure Time||24 Hours|
Pre-thickened, versatile, epoxy resin for permanent bonding of fiberglass, ceramics, metals, plastics, damp and difficult-to-bond woods.
A pre-thickened version of G/flex 650, G/flex 655 is a good choice for making structural bonds that can absorb the stress of expansion, contraction, shock and vibration. It is ideal for bonding dissimilar materials. G/flex 655 is more flexible than standard epoxies and polyester, but much stiffer than adhesive sealants. Mixed at a 1:1 ratio, G/flex 655 gives you 45 minutes of working time at 72°F. It reaches an initial cure in 7 to 10 hours and full cure in 24 hours. Includes ounces of resin and four ounces of hardener.
- 4oz. resin; 4oz. hardener
- More flexible than standard epoxy or polyester resins
- Structural bonds absorb stress of expansion, contraction, shock and vibration
- Good for bonding dissimilar materials
- Formulation: Two-part, pre-thickened epoxy
- Mix Ratio: 1 : 1
- Working Time: 45min. @ 72°F
- Drying Time: Initial cure: 6-10hrs.; Full cure: 24hrs.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.