Vendor Shipping Details
This item will be fulfilled from the vendor. Delivery time varies – typically 2–3 weeks.
Restrictions: This item does not ship to a PO Box, APO, FPO, DPO or international address. Expedited shipping is not available.
West Marine will email you when your order ships from the vendor.
Truck Freight is used to ship items that exceed standard shipping limitations on weight and/or size. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
Cheap insurance for a long winter.
Winterizing your boat for the off season is an excellent way to protect your investment and avoid costly repairs in the spring. West Marine -50° (-46°C) Marine Antifreeze provides the ultimate in cold weather and corrosion protection for potable water systems, sanitation systems and all engines. Ideal for regions with a mild but freezing winter, this non-toxic formula uses pure virgin propylene glycol for quality and effectiveness. An added benefit of using non-recycled propylene glycol is that residual smell and tastes are reduced. Corrosion inhibitors have been added to prevent damage to metal engine components and seals. This antifreeze is alcohol free and will not evaporate and leave engine parts and areas of pooled water less protected later in the winter. The bright triple die pink color lets users know when antifreeze has traveled through water lines, sanitation system lines or engine cooling systems; and also serves as an indicator when flushing systems in the spring. For winterizing both engine and water systems, look to West Marine Engine and Water System Antifreeze for a safe, effective, ready-to-use solution.
- Non-toxic virgin propylene glycol formula
- Meets industry standard for burst protection in copper pipes to -50°F (-46°C)
- Added inhibitors prevent corrosion in engine components and seals including aluminum, brass, copper and solder
- Ready to use—does not need to be diluted
- Safe for potable water systems and engines
- Alcohol free to reduce evaporation and maintain protection levels throughout the winter
- Ideal for regions that experience temperature ranges between 14°F to 18°F (-8°C to -10°C); for colder regions we recommend using non-toxic West Marine antifreeze with a -60°F or -100°F rating
For a complete guide to selecting the right antifreeze for your climate and application see Antifreeze 101.
Learn about freeze protection and burst protection and why propylene glycol-based antifreeze is the best choice.
By Brian Gordon, Last updated: 8/3/2020
Boat maintenance presents dangers to do-it-yourselfers and pros alike. Read about the gear that can help keep you safe.
By Tom Burden, Last updated: 9/10/2019
As the boating season approaches, is your boat ready to go? Here are some common tasks you may need to perform.
By West Marine Staff, Last Updated: 8/22/2019