Echomaster Radar Reflectors
When fog and low visibility conditions obscure your boat, Davis Instruments Echomaster Radar Reflectors give large ships a chance to see you on their radar screens.
Radar reflectors are very common on small vessels as these boats can fail to show up on large ships’ radar screens. Davis Instruments’ Echomaster Radar Reflectors are compact, lightweight, and can be quickly assembled or disassembled. All models can be stored flat when not in use. Plates are held together by tough, injection-molded corner latches. Assembled reflectors include a 1-1/4" (32mm) windage hole for reduced aerodynamic drag, which also allows for backstay mounting. Assemble around a backstay or make your own bridle and hang from holes that are drilled in the corner latches.
Standard Echomaster: 13.2 square yards (12 square meters) of radar cross section in the 9-9.6 GHz X or 3cm radar band. Plates are made of 1.3mm non-anodized marine grade aluminum.
Economy Radar Reflector: A great backup aboard larger boats or primary reflector on smaller vessels that might not normally carry a radar reflector. Made of foam core plastic-metal foil laminate. Economical enough for any boat. Performs nearly as well as Standard Echomaster, and stows flat.
Remember to install radar reflectors as high as possible and in a vertical position for optimal Radar Cross Section (RCS) on your boat.
See test results and technical details in our West Advisor article, Selecting a Radar Reflector.
- Compact, lightweight and stores flat to conserve space
- Assembles and disassembles quickly for easy-to-use functionality
- Tough, injection-molded corner latches for durability
- Three perpendicular planes reflect radar in all directions
- USCG Approval: Meets U.S. Coast Guard requirements for lifeboat and life raft radar reflectors under SOLAS 74/83
- Size: Standard: 12-1/2" dia., Economy: 11-1/2” dia.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
Free Standard Shipping is only applicable on orders over $49.00 and within the 48 contiguous United States. Free shipping does not apply to Truck Freight.
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 260 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 8 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
No Hassle Returns
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers; computer software, electronics charts, and carry-on air conditioners. For electronics we will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 3 – 7 business days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464)