Vendor Shipping Details
This item will be fulfilled from the vendor. Delivery time varies – typically 2–3 weeks.
Restrictions: This item does not ship to a PO Box, APO, FPO, DPO or international address. Expedited shipping is not available.
West Marine will email you when your order ships from the vendor.
Protect Your Purchase
Add extra coverage from the date of purchase beyond the manufacturer’s warranty. Details
PLUS adds up to 2 more years of coverage beyond the Manufacturer's Warranty and offers extra coverage from the date of purchase throughout the extended term. PLUS includes:
- Wear and Tear Coverage
- Power Surge Protection
- Exchange for products under $400
- Onboard service on products over $750
- Up to 5 years of total coverage
Your PLUS plan goes into effect with your purchase ‐ no registration required. Purchase your PLUS plan online, in stores or by calling 1 (800) 262-8464.
Truck Freight is used to ship items that exceed standard shipping limitations on weight and/or size. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
Two batteries? No problem! The Charge Mate series connects both batteries during charging and keeps them isolated when discharging.
The Charge Mate Pro 40 provides additional functionality by limiting the charge current to the second battery to 40 Amps, so the main battery is charged with priority. The return current is automatically blocked, which reduces power dips of the onboard network. An emergency-start function is possible by connecting an optional bypass switch.
- Electronic charge coupling with very low voltage drop
- Charge current secondary battery limited to 40 Amps
- High system reliability by prioritized charging of the main battery
- Unidirectional; blocks return current under all circumstances, which reduces power dips of the onboard network
- Suitable for all kinds of battery chargers and alternators
- LED status indication
- IP67 electronics in a corrosion-resistant casing with aluminum heat sink
Modern “smart” charging options make proper care of batteries almost goof-proof. This article will help you make the right choice for your boat.
By Tom Burden, Last updated 12/21/2020
Planning to install a new battery charger? This article will acquaint you with what you need to know to do the job right.
By Tom Burden, Last updated: 3/10/2020