||West Marine’s new bigger boating store in Minnetonka will have its Grand Opening Celebration from Friday, April 12 through Sunday, April 14.
Responding to the needs of local sailors, anglers and water sports enthusiasts, the new store is nearly three times the size of the previous store. With over 15,000 square feet, it will be the biggest West Marine store in the upper Midwest, with West Marine’s largest selection of sailboat hardware. Customers will discover wakeboarding and waterskiing gear, tubes, inflatable boats, kayaks and stand-up paddleboards. There’s an engine parts counter, staffed by experts, a bait shack with fishing gear selected specifically for the region, plus casual and technical apparel.
Doors open at 8 a.m. each day and the festivities continue all weekend with tips from experts, extraordinary discounts and prize giveaways.
Terry Schneider, Mayor of Minnetonka, is the guest of honor for the Ribbon Cutting to take place on Friday, April 12th at 9 am to celebrate the Grand Opening and the “Community Day” planned to take place all day afterwards.
This “Community Day” will support two local junior sailing programs—the Minnetonka Sailing School and the Wayzata Sailing Foundation. Five percent of the day’s sales will be donated to these youth boating organizations
Family-friendly activities throughout the weekend:
- High Tech Electronics Demonstrations with Raymarine, Garmin, and Navico
- Experts will provide tips and tricks on how to maximize your boat’s performance and how to prep your boat for summer fun
- Bottom Paint Demo with the world’s first copper-free, water based paint
- Door-Buster discounts throughout the weekend
- Raffle prizes and giveaways
- Hot dog barbeque from 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.