West Marine Press Release
New West Marine Panama City Opens Sept. 5-7
Grand Opening Weekend Filled with Three Days of Demos, Deals, Door-buster Discounts and Giveaways
|What||Water lovers are invited to celebrate the Grand Opening of Panama City’s newest West Marine store, with 17,000 square feet of nautical necessities and access to experts who can help boaters, anglers and paddlesports enthusiasts make the most of their time on the water. There will be free daily product demos, special deals all weekend long, raffles, giveaways and more. PLUS: Saturday is Saltwater Fishing License Free Day. Experts will be on-hand to help new anglers get all they need for their first foray into fishing.|
|When||Friday, Sept. 5 - Sunday, Sept. 7|
Grand Opening Hours: Friday and Saturday: 8 a.m. – 9 p.m., Sunday: 8 a.m. – 7 p.m.
|Where||West Marine Panama City – located at 427 East 23rd St, at the intersection of E 23rd and Martin Luther King Blvd. Phone number: (850) 763-6104.|
- Stock up on fishing gear for Saturday’s Saltwater Fishing License Free Day. The 1,450 square foot Fishing and Bait Shack section includes rods, reels, combos, knives, bait, lures and traps designed specifically for Panama City anglers.
- Demos and Q&As – Vendor reps and West Marine experts will give hands-on demos on the latest marine apparel, electronics and other items from Costa del Mar, Garmin, Maui Jim, Petit, SPOT and Starbrite.
- TowBoat U.S. – Captains will be onsite with advice. Towing packages will be 10% off all weekend.
- Shop and Tour the Store – New sections include a comprehensive engine parts department. Plus, more options for trailers and safety and paddlesports.
- Delightful deals on casual and technical apparel, foul weather gear, footwear and accessories from favorite brands such as Maui Jim, Sperry, Costa del Mar, Columbia, Reef, Teva and Tilley.
- Free ice cream bars all three days
|Web||westmarine.com, Facebook and Twitter: @westmarine|
|Media Opprotunites||Friday, September 5, 10 a.m. – Ribbon cutting with Panama City Mayor Greg Brudnicki|
- All Weekend: Panama City store manager Nick Cumbie will discuss:
- The best gear for fishing in Panama City
- Hot new boating trends for Summer 2014, nationally and locally
- Latest and greatest marine products
- Stand up paddling and kayaking - what water lovers need to know about two of 2014’s hottest watersports trends.
|Media Contact||Margo Donohue, Press@westmarine.com - 917.679.6945|