Using a combination of smooth-rolling Torlon® bearings and a round headstay extrusion centered on the headstay, Schaefer has reduced the effort necessary to roll up a genoa relative to competitive furlers. Features include:
- Anodized aluminum and polished stainless steel provide strength, durability
- Round Extrusions with dual sail grooves allow easy furling*
- Large drum dia. increases mechanical advantage making furling easier
- Open cage design for easy inspection and maintenance
- Polyethylene bearing liners stop corrosion and promote smooth furling
- Captive Fasteners ensure that no parts will be lost overboard
*Not on System 750
A complete system consists of a furler drum and tube package and a matching toggle and link, either standard or long (sold separately). Use Norseman or Sta-Lok fittings for easy installation over your existing standard wire headstay and turnbuckle. Systems without mechanical fittings are designed for rod or pre-swaged wire headstays; we recommend assembly by a professional rigger. Larger sizes (like the 4100) are available through Special Order.
- Ball Bearings: 3/8" Torlon® ball bearings in multiple open races. No lubrication needed
- Drum Material: Anodized aluminum with stainless drum cage. Split drum easily removable for "race mode"
- Features: Captive fasteners. Stainless feeder. Riveted assembly. Overbuilt heavy-duty base toggle link
- Headstay/Pin Size: Wire size/pin diameter are critical ordering dimensions. Select Sta-Lok® or Norseman® terminal and Standard or Long toggle link.
- Headstay Extrusion: Round anodized aluminum centered on headstay