Since its introduction by Paul Sperry in 1935, the Authentic Original® (A/O) has enjoyed immense popularity as both a functional boat shoe and good-looking casual footwear. Today’s A/Os have improved from the original by the addition of Sperry’s Full Active Comfort System, which includes a padded comfort wedge under the heel, EVA foam under both heel and forefoot for additional cushioning, a lighter, more flexible siped outsole and a leather sock liner. The shoe retains Sperry’s Top-Sider siped outsole, full-grain cowhide uppers, functional rawhide laces, and genuine handsewn moccasin construction. Imported.
- Application: Performance
- Uppers: Full-grain cowhide
- Sole: Siped, non-marking outsole; Top-Sider grip
- Closure type: Rawhide laces
- Insole: EVA foam under heel and forefoot
- Reinforcement: Padded comfort wedge under the heel