When your adventures take you beyond cell service, SPOT lets you stay connected to family, friends and emergency responders. Using the power of satellite technology, SPOT Gen3 lets family and friends know you’re OK or sends emergency responders an SOS with your GPS location, all at the push of a button.
- Check In: Send a pre-programmed text message with GPS coordinates or an email with a link to Google Maps™ to your contacts with your location. With a push of a button, a message is sent via email or SMS to up to 10 pre-determined contacts and your waypoint is stored in your SPOT account for later reference. Your stored waypoints can be easily integrated into a SPOT Shared Page or SPOT Adventure account.
- SOS: In an emergency, transmit an SOS with your location to GEOS International Emergency Response Coordination Center. They provide your GPS coordinates and information to local response teams—contacting 9-1-1 responders in North America, for example.
- Help/SPOT Assist: Alert your personal contacts that you need help in non-life-threatening situations. Or, use SPOT Assist for professional services on land. (Additional service required).
- Tracking: Allow friends and family to follow your progress online in near real-time and save waypoints so you can review your entire route at a later date.
- New Tracking Options: Unlimited Tracking Set it and forget it. Pre-set your SPOT Gen3 to send tracks at the speed of your adventures. Change your tracks to send every 5, 10, 30, or 60 minutes. SPOT Gen3 will send tracks at your chosen rate for as long as your device is turned on and moving (no need to re-set after 24 hours). Tracking doesn’t stop until you do.
- Extreme Tracking: All the features of Unlimited Tracking, but with added ability to vary your track rate down to every 2 1/2 minutes. Don’t miss a step with increased track rates! Now you can choose the rate of tracking that suits your adventure (2 1/2, 5, 10, 30, or 60 minutes).
- Compact and lightweight: Weighing only 4.0oz. (with batteries), it packs easily for traveling.
- Contoured shape: The new design allows you to easily attach your SPOT to your bag, boat or vehicle, allowing SPOT to go wherever you do.
- Coverage: SPOT works around the world, including virtually all of North America, Europe, Australia and portions of South America, Northern Africa and Asia, as well as hundreds of thousands of square miles offshore of these areas. It is important that you check SPOT’s coverage for your destination before traveling.
Service agreement required. SPOT’s Basic Service Plan costs $149.99 per year, which includes Basic Tracking. Add Unlimited Tracking for $49.99. Extreme Tracking is $149.99.
- GPS: Internal high-sensitivity GPS receiver
- Battery Type: Four AAA Energizer® Ultimate Lithium 8x L92 Batteries (included) or four AAA Energizer® NiMH reusable batteries (NH12) or line power with a 5V USB connection. (SPOT Gen3 is not waterproof when line powered.)
- Battery Life: Powered Off: 24 Months; SOS: 6 to 13 days; Tracking: ~ 3.5 to 156 days
- Dimensions: 3 7/16"H x 2 9/16"W x 1"D
- Weight: 4.0oz.
- Waterproof Rating: IPX7
- Warranty: One year for defects in workmanship