Patented all-polyester braid with parallel core construction and a filament/spun cover for improved handling and greater abrasion resistance. One third less stretch than Sta-Set at only a small price premium. In many applications, Sta-Set X can be used in lieu of expensive racing braids, especially when sized conservatively. Soft cover improves grip in the hand and on a winch. Recommended by Practical Sailor, November 2010. White Sta-Set X is identified by two fine red tracers in the cover forming the characteristic “X.” Color-Coded red, blue and green Sta-Set X has bold colored “X” flecks for easy line identification. Stretch: 1.95% at 20% of breaking strength.
- Best Use: Cruising boat halyards, spinnaker sheets, guys
- Construction: Parallel Core Braid
- Cover Fiber/Construction: Smooth braided polyester
- Core Fiber/Construction: Unidirectional Polyester
- Stretch: 1.95% at 20% of breaking strength
- Not Recommended: Applications needing high flexibility
- Sold by the foot