Clearwater Welcomes New, Larger West Marine Store
Mayor George Cretekos and the City Council to Join Celebration for March 17 grand opening that includes activities for the whole family, ribbon-cutting ceremony, prizes, giveaways and more.
Watsonville, CA, Feb 28, 2018 West Marine, the world’s premier Waterlife Outfitter, announced today the grand opening celebration at its new, larger store location in Clearwater, Fla., will kick off at 8 a.m. on Saturday, March 17. Mayor George Cretekos, as well as members of the City Council, will be the special guests at the ribbon-cutting ceremony at 8 a.m.
The store will also host an array of attractions from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., including complimentary food and refreshments, vendors on site, BlueFuture Kids Zone activities, prizes, giveaways and more.
The new 15,000-plus-square-foot West Marine store is located at 2128 Gulf to the Bay Boulevard. Store Manager Will Hensler and his staff of 12 Associates have more than 100 years of combined boating, fishing, sailing, cruising and paddling experience, and Hensler says they are eager to meet the needs of fellow waterlife lovers.
“Clearwater is known for its pristine white sand beaches and is one of the most visited destinations in Florida,” Hensler says. “The Tampa Bay area ranks in the top 10 boating destinations in the world and with a year-round boating season - we attract world class boating. Our team is very excited to help everyone form locals to tourists enjoy the beautiful waterlife we offer.”
Highlights for the Clearwater event include:
- Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony: 8 a.m. on Sat., March 17, featuring Mayor George Cretekos as well members of the City Council.
- The first 100 customers when doors open at 8 a.m. on Sat., March 17 will receive a free West Marine Mystery Gift Card valued at $5 - $100. Also starting at 8 a.m. guests will enjoy Spin the Wheel Giveaways and the opportunity to enter for a chance to win a $500 West Marine Gift Card as well as other fantastic items from leading vendors.
- Double Points Rewards: During the grand opening day, March 17, West Advantage Rewards members at the Clearwater store only will receive double points on valid qualified purchases.
- Local Charity Giveback/Make a Difference Fishing: : In addition, 10 percent of the day’s sales (up to $3,000) will be donated to Make a Difference Fishing, Clearwater Marine Aquarium, as well as to West Marine’s nonprofit BlueFuture program. Each year, BlueFuture provides much-needed grant funding to nonprofit organizations dedicated to giving young people access to the water through boating, fishing, water sports, boatbuilding, conservation and marine science programs.
- Free Activities: From 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. including food plus music from Crooked and Wide Band.
- BlueFuture Kids Zone: Activities for all ages including coloring, pieceless puzzles and giveaways.
- Vendors on Site: East Penn, Navico (Lowrance, Simrad, B&G), Interlux Paints, Garmin, and ICOM America.
- BoatU.S. on site: The local tower will be on site to answer all membership and service questions. They will also offer $50 off unlimited Saltwater or Gold towing packages.
- Coastal Conservation Association (CCA) Florida Star representatives will also be at the event to answer questions and accept registrations for the upcoming 2018 competition that runs May 26 – Sept. 3, 2018.
The Clearwater West Marine store is home to thousands of products and is designed to appeal to the local offshore fishing, sailing and cruising communities, as well as those who enjoy paddlesports and simply spending time on and around the water.
Merchandise highlights in the Clearwater store include:
- Fishing: All variety of gear necessary to satisfy customers through the indoor Bait Shack
- Apparel: Men’s and women’s shorts, shoes, sunglasses, T-shirts, safety gear and more
- Engine Parts: Fully equipped to handle outboard and inboard motors
- Stand-Up Paddleboards/Kayaks: An array of options for paddling
- Electronics: Vast selection of all type of electronic gear from today’s hottest brands
For more information about West Marine’s upcoming Clearwater grand opening celebration, visit westmarineclearwater.eventbrite.com.
About West Marine
Each person has a unique connection to the water. At West Marine, our knowledge, enthusiasm and products prepare Waterlife adventurers to foster that connection and explore their passions. With more than 250 stores located in 38 states and Puerto Rico and an eCommerce website reaching domestic, international and professional customers, West Marine is recognized as a leading Waterlife Outfitter for cruisers, sailors, anglers and paddlesports enthusiasts. Since first opening our doors in 1968, West Marine associates continue to share the same love for the water as our customers and provide helpful advice on the gear and gadgets they need to be safe and have fun. To learn more about West Marine, please visit the West Marine website at westmarine.com