3M–4200 Fast Cure Polyurethane/Adhesive Sealant, White
4200 Fast Cure Polyurethane/Adhesive Sealant, White
Above and Below Water; Not For Acrylics
Abs or Lexan
|Capacity||10 Ounce Cartridge|
|Cure Time||Tack-Free: 2 Hours; Complete Cure: 24 Hours|
Cures fast and forms a watertight seal between joints and hardware
One-part, all-purpose sealant chemically reacts with moisture and forms flexible, watertight, weather-resistant seals on joints and hardware. Can be used above or below the waterline; approximately half the strength of 3M's 5200, which allows for eventual dissasembly of parts. Note: Can be softened by some teak cleaners and sealers and is not recommended for sealing teak decks.
- Formulation: One-part fast-cure polyurethane adhesive/sealant
- Recommended Usage: Fiberglass, wood, metal, some plastics, above or below water
- Material Incompatibilities: Acrylics ABS, Lexan
- Cure Time: Tack free: 2 hrs; complete cure: 24 hrs
- Cleanup: Mineral spirits or kerosene
- Removal: Mechanical removal
- Tensile Strength: 300psi
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.