3M–5200 Polyurethane Adhesive/Sealant, White
5200 Polyurethane Adhesive/Sealant, White
Bottom/Topside Permanent Bonding
Above and Below Water; Extremely Strong and Flexible
|Capacity||3 Ounce Tube|
|Cure Time||Tack-Free: 48 Hours; Complete Cure: 5–7 Days; Moisture-Activated Cure|
5200 creates an extremely high-strength, watertight seal above and below the waterline.
Provides exceptionally strong adhesion, yet stays flexible after it cures; may be used above or below the waterline. Ideal for underwater thru-hull fittings, hull-to-deck joints, portholes and bonding wood to fiberglass. Goes on smoothly, won’t sag, and remains workable up to four hours. Cures in 5–7 days with no shrinking.
- Ideal for bedding hull-to-deck joints or other long-term applications
- Strong, flexible adhesive for virtually permanent bonding and sealing above and below waterline
- Adhesive bonds and seals fiberglass deck to hull, wood to fiberglass
- chemically reacts with moisture to deliver strong, flexible bonds
- Forms watertight, weather-resistant seals on joints and boat hardware
- Formulation: One-part polyurethane adhesive/sealant
- Recommended Usage: Permanent bonding, above and below water. Extremely strong & flexible
- Material Incompatibilities: Plastics (ABS, Lexan)
- Cure Time: Tack-free: 48hrs.; Complete cure: 5-7 days; moisture-activated cure
- Cleanup: Mineral spirits or kerosene
- Removal: Mechanical removal
- Tensile strength: 700psi
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.