ANCOR–14/2 Twisted Pair Wire with Shield by the Foot
14/2 Twisted Pair Wire with Shield by the Foot
Reduces magnetic interference when installed near compasses or other magnetically sensitive electronics.
This round cable has a 93% tinned copper shield for maximum EMI and RFI rejection. It also has a 2-3" twisted lay for magnetic interference cancellation per ABYC 184.108.40.206.1 recommendations for use of DC current carriers in the vicinity of compasses and other magnetically sensitive devices. Made to surpass the highest UL Boat Cable standards with ultra flexible (Type 3/Class K) stranding to resist fatigue due to vibration and flexing. Stranding is tinned for corrosion resistance. Sold per foot.
- Two 14 gauge conductors, red and black, in a white outer jacket insulation
- Outer jacket is made for easy removal and provides the best abrasion resistance available
- Proprietary vinyl insulation stays flexible even in extreme cold and resists saltwater, battery acid, oil, gasoline and ultra-violet radiation
- Exclusive insulation is rated at 600 volts, 105°C dry and 75°C wet, and is resistant to heat and abrasion
- Construction: Tinned Copper
- Conductors: 1 Red, 1 Black
- Color of Exterior Insulation: White
- Shielding: Copper Shield
- Wire Gauge: 14-2
- Approvals: UL, ABYC, CSA
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.