B&G–Triton² Autopilot Controller
Triton² Autopilot Controller
The Triton² Autopilot Controller keypad can be combined with a Triton² Display to create a fully-featured autopilot control head.
B&G’s Intelligent Sail Steering functionality allows you to steer to a compass heading, or to automatically maintain a specified true or apparent wind angle in Wind mode. Smart Manoeuver controls tack at the touch of a button, a perfect tool when sailing shorthanded. Connect to a compatible chartplotter, and Navigation mode will steer to your currently selected waypoint or route.
Intuitive operation: A simple pushbutton interface makes the Triton² easy to use in rough conditions, and reliably responsive to wet or gloved hands. Dedicated auto and standby buttons enable or disable the autopilot with a single press, so it’s easy to free your hands from the wheel or instantly take control whenever you need to. The 'mode' button engages NoDrift steering or navigates to the current waypoint on your Simrad chartplotter, while dual port and starboard buttons allow course adjustments in one-degree or ten-degree increments. Smartly shaped buttons let you distinguish between increments at a touch, for safe operation in low visibility.
Easy installation: The Triton² is simple to mount, and offers single-cable NMEA 2000 connectivity for both power and data. Multiple keypads can be installed to offer autopilot control from anywhere on board, perfect for dual-helm vessels.
Autopilot control with Triton² display: Pair the Triton² Autopilot Controller keypad with a Triton² Display to create a fully functional control head for your compatible B&G autopilot system.
- This intuitive keypad can be combined with a B&G Triton² Display (sold separately) to create a fully-featured autopilot controller, including B&G's Intelligent Sail Steering functionality and Smart Maneuver controls
- Includes B&G's intelligent sail-specific functionality for compass and wind steering, Smart Maneuver controls for easy tacking and gybing, and chartplotter integration for waypoint and route navigation
- Take complete control of your autopilot with a simple seven-button keypad, built for safe and reliable operation in all conditions
- A simple pushbutton interface makes the Triton² Autopilot Controller easy to operate in rough conditions, and reliably responsive to wet or gloved hands
- Dedicated auto and standby buttons enable or disable the autopilot with a single press, so it's easy to free your hands from the wheel or instantly take control whenever you need to
- The "Mode" button engages the pilot's Wind or Navigation auto-steering modes, while dual port and starboard buttons allow course adjustments in one-degree or ten-degree increments
- Smartly shaped buttons let you distinguish between these increments at a touch, for safe operation in low visibility
- The Triton² Autopilot Controller keypad is easily mounted, and offers single-cable NMEA 2000 connectivity for both power and data
- Multiple keypads and Triton² Displays can be installed to offer autopilot control from anywhere on board
- Compatible with B&G or Simrad AC12, AC42, NAC-2 and NAC-3 autopilot computers
- Low-profile glass helm design
- Low power consumption
- Certified NMEA 2000 connectivity
- Dimensions: 2 3/8"W x 4 1/2"H x 1 3/8"D
- NMEA Interface: NMEA 2000
- Power Requirements: 0.54-1.35W (LEN: 3)
- Waterproof Rating: IPX7
- Warranty: Two years
What's in the Box
- Triton² Autopilot Controller with removable bezel
- Micro-C Drop cable - 2'
- Micro-C T-Connector
- 4 x Mounting screws
- Mounting template
- Screw jig
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.