BALMAR–ARS-5 12 Volt Regulator
ARS-5 12 Volt Regulator
Optional Temperature Sensing
Ignition-Safe Design for Marine Gas or Diesel Engines
Meets USCG Title 33
ISO 8838 and SAE J1181 Safety Standards
|Voltage||12 Volts DC|
|Warranty Details||One Year|
Regulator that is easy to program and operate.
The ARS-5 features an easy-to-read three-character alphanumeric LED display, replacing color coded lights used in earlier ARS models. Simply select one of five preset program choices based on battery type, and the belt size setting that matches your alternator's drive belt width and alternator output rating. Battery settings include standard and deep-cycle flooded, gel, AGM, and Optima programs. Five belt load management settings control horsepower load on drive belts. When used with MC-TS-A and MC-TS-B alternator and battery temperature sensors, the ARS-5 ensures even greater charging performance, as well as critical protection for your alternator and batteries. Controls a single alternator only.
- Alphanumeric LED display makes programming and reading settings easier
- 5 Preset multi-stage charging profiles
- Compatible with Flooded, AGM, Gel and Spiral Wound Flooded batteries
- Alternator and battery temperature sensing with optional MC-TSA and MC-TS-B sensors
- 5 belt load management settings based on belt size and alternator rating
- Dimensions: 4-7/8"L x 3-1/4"W x 1-1/2"H
- Includes 54" wiring harness, magnetic programming screwdriver
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.