BLUE SEA SYSTEMS–12/24V DC L-Series Solenoid Switch with Coil Economizer
12/24V DC L-Series Solenoid Switch with Coil Economizer
|Cold Cranking Amps||1000 Amps|
|Dimensions||5/16" Terminal Studs|
|Voltage||12 Volts/24 Volts DC|
|Warranty Details||Five Years|
Control high amperage switching tasks without having to run heavy cable throughout your boat
Solenoid switches are a great way to reduce long heavy gauge cable runs and centralize switching operations. Use them to activate an engine starting circuit, as a battery switch, or any other application requiring high amperage.
Blue Sea Systems designed the L-Series solenoid switch for the marine environment. Contacts are hermetically sealed and vaporproof so it can be installed anywhere aboard you boat. This solenoid switch can handle up to 450A loads and be controlled by a low amperage ON-OFF switch mounted in a location of your choice using as little as 20AWG wire. The time and headache of mapping a path for a 2/0 AWG cable to run through your boat is eliminated; so is the weight and expense a heavy cable adds.
- Capable of switching up to 450A loads (using two 2/0 AWG cables)
- Activated by remote switch (not included) mounted anywhere
- Control circuit connection requires as little as 20AWG (depending on length of wire run)
- Ignition protected and can be mounted in engine rooms of gasoline power boats
- Contacts are hermetically sealed and vaporproof to stand up to marine use
- Small footprint and can be installed close to circuit being switched to reduce heavy gauge cable runs
- Compatible with 12V or 24V systems
- Integrated coil minimizes heating and amperage draw
- Lifetime warranty
- Circuit Control Connection: 20 AWG tinned wire
- Nominal Voltage: 12V or 24V
- Coil Function: Normally open
- Operating Amperage Current: 6A (while changing state)
- Continuous Rating: 250V-450V (cable size dependent)
- Intermittent Rating: 275A-600A (cable size dependent)
- Cranking Rating (30 sec): 1000A DC (with 1/0 cable)
- Input Voltage: 9V-36V
- Terminal Stud Size: 5/16"
- Approvals: CE, SAE J1171 marine, UL 508, IP67
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.