Enclosed ELCI Main Circuit Breaker Panel 50A 120/240V ELCI Main + 1 Blank Circuit Position
|Above / Below Deck||Above Deck|
|Dimensions||7 3/8" Width x 7 5/8" Height|
|Type||Panel without Meters|
|Voltage||120/240 Volts AC|
Protect passengers and swimmers by adding an ELCI breaker panel
Equipment Leakage Circuit Interrupter (ELCI) breaker panels protect not only everyone on your boat, but also those in the surrounding water from accidental electric shock. A ground failure in an appliance (ground fault) or a loose grounding wire (faulty ground) can create a dangerous and possibly life threatening situation. Current if leaked into the water can paralyze swimmers causing them to drown. The risk is significantly higher in fresh or brackish water.
A Blue Sea Systems assembled this panel with a C-Series ELCI main breaker that will trip if there is an imbalance in current between hot and neutral conductors caused by a faulty ground or ground fault. When installed following their guidelines, this panel and enclosure meets ABYC E-11 requirements. The water tight SMS enclosure is easy to install and features round knockouts that are compatible with included enclosure glands and seal wires entering the box. A clear cover allows easy view of circuit breaker status by a Green LED indicating breaker is in ON position and a red LED alerts user to reverse polarity. Stainless steel latch and mounting hardware secures cover and creates a water tight seal.
- Protects passengers and swimmers from accidental electric shock due to ground fault or faulty ground
- Complete panel for easy installation
- Open position for customization or expansion
- Compatible with A-series and C-Series flat rocker style breaters
- Breaker has Trip-free feature and cannot be held in ON position when fault is detected
- Meets ABYC E-11 regulation (when installed within guidelines)
- IP66 rated with cover closed and latch
- Lifetime warranty
- Amperage: 50A
- Actuator Style: Toggle
- Maximum Voltage:240V AC, 120V AC per pole
- Circuit Breaker Type: Magnetic Hydraulic- trip free
- Interrupt Capacity: 5000A
- Dimensions: 7 5/8"H x 7 3/8"W x 4 11/16"D
- Approvals: IP66, UL 508, NEMA, RoHS
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.