BLUE SEA SYSTEMS–m-LVD Low Voltage Disconnect
m-LVD Low Voltage Disconnect
|Multi Bank Chargers||1 Bank|
|Voltage||12 Volts DC|
Don’t get stranded because you ran the battery down too low using the stereo or fishfinder.
A dead battery is one of the most common reasons for a tow. Avoid having to call for help by installing a low voltage disconnect. The Blue Sea Systems m-LVD senses low battery voltage and automatically disconnects non-essential devices to save power for starting or to preserve battery life. Ideal for any single-battery boat or vehicle whose owner wants to avoid getting stranded with a dead battery.
- Prevents discharging batteries to dangerous levels
- Remote control switch for convenient operation from the helm
- Status light in both m-LVD and remote switch provides visual warning of low voltage state prior to disconnect
- Alarm output available for audible warning of low voltage state prior to disconnect (optional alarm required)
- Disconnect voltage is adjustable between 11.3V—12.1V
- Override temporarily delays disconnect by 10 minutes
- Can be switched OFF
- Rear insulation isolates contacts to avoid accidental shorts
- Case design allows surface, front panel, or rear panel mounting
- Waterproof – rated IP67 for temporary immersion
- Approvals: CR, IP67, ISO 8846 Marine, SAE J1171 Marine
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.