Cook 580P Polarized Sunglasses
|Lens Material||Costa 580 Plastic|
Whether you're a celebrated explorer or just in search of the best spot on the beach to view the sunset, these sunglasses will change your view of the world.
Discoverer. Navigator. Cartographer. Captain James Cook took exploration in the late 1700s to a whole new level. Having twice circumnavigated the globe and barely missed sighting Antarctica, we're willing to bet he could have used a pair of Costa's Cook Sunglasses to make his observations that much clearer. In fact, their durable, 100% polarized, scratch-resistant 580P polycarbonate lenses might have saved him that costly repair job he incurred sailing directly into the Great Barrier Reef by eliminating the reflective glare from the open ocean. Their lightweight, corrosion-resistant, large-sized titanium frames and flexible beta titanium temples make them so comfortable the years at sea might have felt, dare we say, a bit less arduous. Plus, you can't count out the dignified effect the Hydrolite nose pads would have made in dealing with restless natives in subtropical locales since they would have stayed securely in place rather than sliding down unceremoniously. As legend has it, adding a neoprene retainer or leash (sold separately) is inexpensive insurance against your Cook Sunglasses ending their journey prematurely.
580P Polycarbonate Lenses
- Polarized to eliminate reflective glare and reduce eye strain
- Lightweight, yet durable
- Impact resistant
- C-Wall® scratch-resistant, smudge-free barrier
- 100% protection from UV light
- Absorbs harmful high-energy blue light (HEV)
- Cuts haze and blur for greater clarity
- Filters out harsh yellow light
- Enhances reds, greens and blues
- Sharp contrast with high definition
- Corrosion-resistant, hypoallergenic titanium
- Strong as steel, but lighter weight and flexible
- Reverts back to its original shape after pressure
- Hydrolite hypoallergenic rubber nose pads prevent slipping
- Durable beta titanium temples bend to reduce damage and broken frames
- Corrosion-resistant, flexible, stainless steel hinges keep their shape
- Large fit
- 580P polycarbonate polarized lenses
- Titanium frames
- Includes hard case and cleaning cloth
- Prescription ready
- Limited lifetime warranty
These products may contain bisphenol-A (BPA), a chemical known to the state of California to cause harm to the female reproductive system.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.