Half Moon 580G Polarized Sunglasses
You don't have to be a Maverick to flash your West Coast style.
Inspired by the epic ocean waves that often crest over 25 feet at the storied Northern California surf mecca located offshore from Half Moon Bay, the Costa Half Moon Polarized Sunglasses are all about helping you stretch your boundaries. Everything about them is focused on improving your view on and around the water (whether you're out fishing or just enjoying a day on your boat). They're extremely durable and reliable thanks to their heavy-duty TR-90 nylon frames made with resin from the castor plant. This bio-based resin offers a 70% reduction in emissions over petroleum-based resin, helping to reduce the overall carbon footprint. 100% polarized, scratch-resistant 580G Lightwave glass lenses ensure reflective glare and eye strain is minimized or eliminated altogether. The Hydrolite nose and temple pads will keep them firmly on your face should you tie into a trophy catch. Blue mirrored lenses are the way to go for offshore use with bright, full sun on open reflective water. Green mirrored lenses enhance your vision and provide high contrast for sight fishing in full sun inshore and on the flats.
580G Lightwave Glass Lenses
- Polarized to eliminate reflective glare and reduce eye strain
- Superior clarity
- 20% thinner and 22% lighter than average polarized glass
- Encapsulated mirrors between the layers of glass are scratch-proof
- Mirrored lenses deliver superior contrast and color while enhancing visual acuity
- 100% protection from UV light
- Absorbs harmful high-energy blue light (HEV)
- Cuts haze and blur for greater clarity
- Filters out harsh yellow light
- Enhances reds, greens and blues
- Sharp contrast with high definition
TR-90 Nylon Frames
- Castor oil is used to make the bio-based plastic resin
- Bio-based resin offers a 70% reduction in emissions over petroleum-based resin
- Reduced overall carbon footprint
- Flexible, yet tough and durable
- Hold their shape under harsh conditions
- Resistant to heat and cold
- Hydrolite hypoallergenic rubber nose and temple pads prevent slipping
- Corrosion-resistant, stainless steel integral spring hinges keep their shape
- Large fit
- 580G Lightwave glass polarized lenses
- Heavy-duty TR-90 nylon frames
- Includes hard case and cleaning cloth
- Prescription ready
- Limited lifetime warranty
These products may contain bisphenol-A (BPA), a chemical known to the state of California to cause harm to the female reproductive system.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.