FIREBOY-XINTEX–CO Carbon Monoxide Detector with Interconnect,12/24VDC
The FIREBOY-XINTEX CO Carbon Monoxide Detector with Interconnect uses a sensor operating with a microprocessor to measure Carbon Monoxide (CO) levels. Using a “Time Weighted Average” (TWA) process, it monitors CO concentration, temperature and time to calculate levels of Carboxyhemoglobin (COHb). COHb is the degree to which the oxygen carrying capacity of the blood is impeded by the union of carbon monoxide to the hemoglobin and is expressed as a percentage. The human body absorbs CO easier than oxygen and COHb is the ratio of absorbed carbon monoxide to oxygen in the bloodstream. The CMD5-MDI alarm calculates this COHb as a function of time and determines the appropriate alarm response.
A carbon monoxide detector should be installed in each accommodation space. Small crafts with an open design may require only one detector for adequate protection. If two or more sleeping areas or spaces are partitioned then one detector should be installed in each of the spaces.
Carbon Monoxide Alarm with New Sensor Technology:
- New sensor technology: Electrochemical sensor-immediate and stable sensing reduces false alarms. Ultra-low current draw – 1 mA Long sensor life – Approx. 7 year End of Life (EOL)
- Multiple location warning: All connected CMD5-MI Alarms sound together
- Compact design for inconspicuous protection: Modern design blends in with interior decor
- Battery operated version requires no power wiring: Reduced labor and material costs to install Sealed lithium-ion battery – guaranteed 7 year life
- Relay module available for generator shutdown: One relay module for multiple CO alarms
Xintex Quality and Reliability On Board
- Microprocessor controlled
- Conformal coated circuit board for added protection
- Time-weighted average CO measurement process constantly monitors all CO levels
- Highly resistant to most chemicals, solvents and cleaners
- 12 or 24 VDC operation
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.