FLIR–Ocean Scout 640 Marine Thermal Handheld Camera
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
Ocean Scout 640 Marine Thermal Handheld Camera
|Dimensions||6.7" Length x 2.44" Height|
|Field of View at 1000 Yards||24 degrees|
|Focus Type||35 Millmeters|
|Person In Water Range||3705 Feet|
|Resolution||640 x 480|
|Small Vessel Range||1.73 Nautical Miles|
|Warranty Details||Three Years (With Product Registration)|
Notice: These commodities, technology, or software can only be exported from the United States or transferred to a third party in accordance with the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Diversion contrary to U.S. law is prohibited.
Enjoy greater awareness, safety, visibility and peace of mind when you keep this handheld thermal camera at the ready on your boat.
The confidence that comes from having total visibility day or night is something you will never want to do without again. This marine camera lets you view heat, not light, so you'll have a perspective that is never diminished by pitch darkness or blinding light. Clearly see obstacles like rocks, mooring balls and buoys; never miss a small boat, kayak or channel marker; and identify landmarks such as docks, inlets and jetties up to 3280yd away. Immediately locate overboard pets and people—no matter the conditions—and enhance the safety of your whole crew with this easy-to-use device.
- Total Visibility: This camera gives you a 18° x 14° field of view from 9,842' and has a 3,740' person-in-water range. It has 2x and 4x zoom options so you won't miss a single important detail. Record thermal video and view it from the built-in 640 x 480 LCD display or your computer when you plug it in using the included USB cable. This view is created using the built-in 640 x 512 VOx Microbolometer.
- Choose Your View: Always get the clearest view when you choose from the color palette. The available views include Black Hot, White Hot and InstAlert™. FLIR Proprietary Digital Detail Enhancement™ image processing gives you the clearest picture so you'll see every detail.
- Simple Control: Pick up your camera and in under 1 1/2 seconds your device is powered and running. The straightforward design means anyone can use this grab and go device. Power it on/off, toggle between views, adjust brightness and capture video all from simple buttons on the top of your camera. Download saved recordings with the USB cable.
- Portable: This device is lightweight at only 12oz. and is smaller than many monoculars at only 6 5/8"L x 2 3/8"W x 2 1/2"H. It comes with a lanyard so you can carry it with you hands-free and keep it accessible for when you need it.
- Built for Reliability: With a long battery life of over five hours when powered on and a powerful internal Lithium-Ion battery this camera will be ready whenever you need it. It's got a waterproof rating of IP67 so it's protected against water, dust, salt, fog and all the perils that comes with life on a boat.
What's in the Box
- Ocean Scout Marine Thermal Handheld Camera
- USB Power Adapter/Charger
- Wrist Strap/Lanyard
- Molle Bag
- UK, Europe, Australia and U.S. charger plug adapters
- Documentation: Quick Start Guide; FLIR Factory Certification; Three Year Full Warranty
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.