GNX™ Wind Marine Instrument
|Connection Interface||NMEA 2000|
|Display Size||3 1/4" W x 2 3/8" H|
|Display Type||Glass-Bonded Backlit LCD|
|Warranty Details||One Year|
Affordable, dedicated wind instrument shows the data you need.
If you own a 20' to 40' sailboat with no wind system or an older wind system onboard, then GNX Wind marine instrument is an excellent choice to provide the accurate, reliable data you need to make confident decisions.
GNX Wind features a high-visibility, glass-bonded backlit monochrome LCD display with customizable backlight colors making it easy to see from nearly any angle at a distance. Background colors can be customized to nearly any color preference to provide the contrast and visibility that work best in any lighting condition.
It interfaces through the NMEA 2000 network to show two data fields and a digital wind rose simultaneously to display true and apparent wind data, Steer Pilot, boat speed and more.
Auto-scroll feature rotates through screens for easy, hands-free operation. Low power consumption of 350 mW daylight (no backlight) and 400 mW nighttime (mid-level backlight) is perfect for sailboats.
Customizable configurations include more than 15 important marine parameters for wind, speed and navigation. Installs easily, either flush or flat mount. It can even wirelessly connect to a compatible chartplotter or quatix® 3 GPS marine smartwatch to stream wind data directly to your wrist.
- Glass-bonded backlit monochrome LCD display lens avoids fogging
- Large, easy-to-read black digits on white or customizable background colors for high contrast and high visibility in all lighting conditions
- Two data fields and a digital wind rose simultaneously display true and apparent wind data, Steer Pilot, boat speed and more
- Displays true and apparent wind speed and wind angles, true wind direction, boat speed, speed over ground, VMG, heading, course over ground and close hauled
- NMEA 2000 network and ANT technology interfaces
What's in the Box
- GNX Wind
- Trim piece snap cover
- Protective cover
- Flush mount gasket and hardware
- NMEA 2000 T-connector
- NMEA 2000 drop cable
- Installation instructions
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.