quatix® 5 Marine Multisport GPS Smartwatch
- Adds additional protection from the date of purchase
- Extends protection past the manufacturer warranty
If you want access to your boat's data at all times you have three choices:
1. Never leave the helm
2. Carry around your chartplotter, autopilot, GPS, compass, wind instrument, etc.
3. Wear a quatix 5 smartwatch
Although the list of what Garmin's quatix 5 Marine Multisport GPS Smartwatch doesn't do is a lot shorter than what it does do, here are the main functions you'll quickly be wondering how you ever did without. A more complete accounting immediately follows.
- Marine data viewer
- Waypoint marker
- Remote controller
- Heart rate monitor
- Sleep monitor
- Smart connectivity
- Social media sharer
If all you want from your watch is the time or to make a statement, keep looking. However, if you want something more akin to a computer strapped to your wrist, this is the smartwatch for you. This next-generation marine multisport smartwatch connects with compatible Garmin chartplotters and other devices to stream data to your wrist, like speed, depth, temperature and wind. You'll get comprehensive boat connectivity that allows you to control an autopilot, mark remote waypoints, calibrate your sailboat's port/starboard tack angles, even control your onboard FUSION® stereo system.
What about when you're not on your boat? The quatix 5 has that covered as well. You'll find invaluable features like a heart rate monitor, sleep monitor and built-in fitness tracking, plus activity profiles and performance metrics for a multitude of water- and land-based sports. It also delivers smart notifications for emails, text messages and more when synced to your smartphone. When used with the free Garmin Connect™ app, you'll have automatic uploads to an online fitness community, access to all your vital health statistics at a glance and more.
Not Just A Pretty Face
Although the quatix 5 is rather sleek and stylish, there's a lot more to this smartwatch than meets the eye. In addition to its protective stainless steel bezel, you'll find a fiber-reinforced polymer case that's water-resistant to 100 meters, a glass crystal and a 22mm QuickFit™ silicone band. The buttons are not only good looking, but functional. There's a built-in, high-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS antenna and a unique sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP) 1.2" diameter color display with 240x240 pixel resolution. Battery life is up to two weeks in smartwatch mode (depending on settings), up to 24 hours in GPS mode and up to 60 hours in UltraTrac™ battery saver mode (without wrist heart rate). There is also 64MB of memory to store history data.
Preloaded Marine Features
The quatix 5 is a wearable instrument that streams NMEA 2000® data from compatible fixed-mount Garmin electronics. With a quick glance, you can check your speed, water depth, temperature, wind data and more. The built-in barometer and tide tables help you assess your situation while out to sea. It’s even preloaded with a wide selection of marine-themed watch faces you can choose to make a statement about your nautical interests.
With the quatix 5, even if you aren't the one at the helm, you can actually access a GHC™ 20 autopilot control unit to control the autopilot—change heading, turn and steer the boat. Remote waypoint marking allows you to add a waypoint and have it sync automatically with your connected chartplotter.
You can load routes and waypoints into your quatix 5 smartwatch. GPS and GLONASS navigation on your wrist allows you to find a hot spot, mark the waypoint and navigate right back to that spot in the future. The quatix 5 also automatically captures your track and, if needed, can guide you right back to your starting location. So even if you don’t have a chartplotter on your boat, you can find your way around your favorite fishing spots. In addition, Sight ‘N Go navigation allows you to pick a point in the distance you want to navigate to, set it and your quatix 5 will keep you on course. This is especially helpful for kayakers and canoeists. It also has a solar/lunar fishing and hunting calendar so you’ll know the optimum time to fish.
Want more control, situational awareness and confidence wherever you are on deck? NMEA 2000 data can be wirelessly streamed from your Garmin chartplotter so you can view data like wind speed and direction, water depth and more, right on your wrist, wherever you are on the boat. There’s also an anchor watch that monitors anchor drift and alerts you if your boat begins to drift. It includes an alarm clock and anchor rode calculator to tell you the proper length of anchor line to put out with an adjustable scope ratio. It's also an excellent backup navigation system if something happens to your onboard electrical system.
If you race, with Garmin SailAssist™ capabilities you'll have access to important sail racing data on your wrist beyond just time. The virtual starting line feature lets you set up a starting line between two marked GPS waypoints (like between a buoy and the committee boat). Your quatix 5 will then compute the distance and time between you and that starting line, which you can check with a glance at your wrist. Then, quatix 5 combines the virtual starting line location with a built-in countdown timer to calculate distance to the line as well as desired speed and burn time available. The countdown timer, with its large, easy-to-read digits, helps you skipper the vessel to hit the start line at maximum speed at the exact start time. Once the race is underway, tack assist mode lets you know whether your vessel is getting headed or lifted and with the touch of a button you can easily calibrate the boat's port/starboard tack angles. Using tack assist can help you enjoy a more efficient and controlled sailing experience.
No more fiddling with an awkward remote control as you pound across the waves! Using the built-in FUSION-Link™ Lite app you'll be able to control connected StereoActive™ products as well as other ANT®-enabled stereo models from anywhere onboard—right from your wrist. You can adjust volume, change tracks and more. You can also remotely control both the music from your phone and your Garmin VIRB® action camera. The watersports-friendly FUSION StereoActive Portable Stereo is a cinch to connect and control.
GPS, Altimeter, Barometer and Compass
The quatix 5 is equipped with high-sensitivity GPS navigation and tracking functions, plus ABC (Altimeter, Barometer and Compass) sensors that provide relevant real-time information for navigating across water or land. A built-in altimeter provides elevation data to accurately monitor ascent and descent, while the barometer can be used to predict weather changes by showing short-term trends in air pressure. The 3-axis electronic compass keeps your bearing whether you’re moving or not. The quatix 5 auto-calibrates its ABC sensors using its GPS receiver and also auto-sets the time based on location. There's also an internal gyroscope that helps improve position accuracy (and battery life) in UltraTrac mode.
The quatix 5 provides comprehensive navigation and tracking functionalities to guide you across the water, off the beaten track and back again. Plus, its built-in sensors provide information on heading, elevation and weather changes. It records a GPS track log creating a "bread crumb trail" in real time as you move. It also allows you to mark locations, such as a start/finish line, course checkpoint, or a dock, mooring, campsite, vehicle or other point of interest. That means you can now create and follow courses, mark up to 1,000 locations and store up to 10,000 track points and navigate to them. Plan trips and share adventures with friends and family using BaseCamp™ (a free application for your PC or Mac).
By Sea or By Land
A quatix 5 watch isn’t just for sailing or powerboating. Its paddlesports functions allow you to track strokes, distance per stroke and cadence to create an efficiency score. It also provides surfing tides and customizable activity features. If water skiing, you can even check your boat speed with a quick glance. On land, it becomes a multisport watch for running, hiking, golfing and more. It even has an activity tracking feature that counts steps taken, estimates calories burned and floors climbed. When the day is done, it will track your sleep, monitoring your total sleep and periods of movement or restful sleep.
Advanced Fitness Metrics
The quatix 5 is packed with training features to tell you about your form and fitness. The first is the VO2 max estimator. Through crunching data, including your running speed, heart beats per minute and heart rate variability, you'll get an estimate of the maximum volume of oxygen you can consume per minute. Track changes to your VO2 max to see your fitness gains and to compare with your peers. Other fitness metrics include recovery advisor with a recovery timer and recovery check, plus a Race Predictor, which estimates your ideal finish time based on your current VO2 max number.
Wrist-Based Heart Rate
Elevate™ wrist-based heart rate technology lets you monitor your heart rate without having to wear a chest strap. This optical wrist heart rate monitor is designed to attempt to monitor your heart rate 24/7. The data and information provided is intended to be a close estimation of your heart rate, but may not be precisely accurate and is not intended to be used for medical purposes. In addition to counting steps and monitoring sleep, the quatix 5 uses heart rate to provide calories burned information and quantify the intensity of your fitness activities.
The quatix 5 incorporates sophisticated Garmin running watch feedback on your running form by reporting multiple metrics. When used with the HRM-Run monitor (sold separately), your cadence, vertical oscillation and ground contact time are reported. These metrics are called running dynamics and they affect your running economy.
Make It Your Own
In addition to the preloaded marine-styled watch faces, you can personalize your quatix 5 with free downloads from the Garmin Connect IQ store. You can customize your watch face, add data fields and get apps and widgets that provide information at a glance for your favorite activities. The Garmin Face-It™ watch face creator lets you customize your quatix 5 with any photo from your smartphone.
Connected features include automatic uploads, live tracking and social media sharing through the free Garmin Connect™ and Garmin Connect™ Mobile online fitness applications, plus optional downloads of unique apps for watch/phone integration (when paired with a compatible smartphone) that let you receive emails, texts and alerts right on your watch.
Included in the box
- quatix 5 watch with blue silicone QuickFit™ 22 watch band
- USB charging/data cable
- GPS Time Sync
- Automatic daylight savings time
- Alarm clock
- Sunrise/sunset times
- Face It™ watch face creator
- Garmin Elevate™ wrist heart rate monitor
- Barometric altimeter
Daily Smart Features
- Connect IQ™
- Smart notifications
- Music controls
- Find My Phone
- Find My Watch
- VIRB® remote
- Compatible with iPhone®, Android™, Windows® smartphones
- Compatible with Garmin Connect™ Mobile
- Preloaded boating profiles for boating, sailing, fishing
- Virtual starting line
- Countdown timer
- Tack assist mode
- Built-in barometer and tide tables
- Anchor alarm
- Boat data streaming with compatible Garmin devices
Activity Tracking Features
- Step counter
- Auto goal (learns your activity level and assigns a daily step goal)
- Move bar (displays on device after a period of inactivity; walk for a couple of minutes to reset it)
- Sleep monitoring (monitors total sleep and periods of movement or restful sleep)
- Calories burned
- Floors climbed
- Distance traveled
- Intensity minutes
- Move IQ™
- Fitness age (with app)
- Preloaded gym activity profiles
Training, Planning & Analysis Features
- GPS speed and distance
- Customizable data pages
- Customizable activity profiles
- Auto Pause®
- Advanced workouts
- Downloadable training plans
- Auto Lap®
- Manual lap
- Virtual Partner
- Configurable lap alerts
- V02 max
- Training Status (tracks your training history and fitness level trend)
- Training Load (your total training load for the last 7 days calculated from estimated EPOC)
- Training Effect (aerobic)
- Training Effect (anaerobic)
- Customizable alerts
- Audio prompts
- Finish time
- Race an Activity
- Auto multisport activities
- Manual multisport activities
- Course guidance
- Segments (Live, Garmin)
- Group LiveTrack
- Touch and/or button lock
- Hot keys
- Auto scroll
- Activity history on watch
Heart Rate Monitor Features
- Heart rate zones
- Heart rate alerts
- Heart rate calories
- % Heart rate max
- % Heart rate recovery
- Recovery time
- Auto max heart rate
- HRV stress test (with compatible accessory, sold separately)
- Records heart rate while swimming (with Garmin HRM-Tri™ and HRM-Swim™, both sold separately)
- HR Broadcast (broadcasts heart rate data over ANT+™ to paired devices)
10 ATM Water Rating
- Rain or snow
- Diving into water
- High-speed watersports
- Not suitable for scuba diving
- Preloaded run profiles for running, indoor running, trail running
- GPS-based distance, time and pace
- Running dynamics (explained above)
- Vertical oscillation and ratio (with compatible accessory, sold separately)
- Ground contact time and balance (with compatible accessory, sold separately)
- Real-time stride length (with compatible accessory, sold separately)
- Cadence (real-time number of steps per minute)
- Physiological measurements
- Performance condition
- Lactate threshold (with compatible accessory, sold separately)
- Run workouts
- Race predictor
- Foot pod capable
- Preloaded cycling profiles for biking, indoor biking, mountain biking
- Bike lap and lap maximum power (with power sensor, sold separately)
- Race an activity
- Time/distance alerts (triggers alarm when you reach goal)
- Interval training
- FTP (Functional Threshold Power, with compatible accessory, sold separately)
- Strava features (Beacon, live segments)
- Compatible with Vector™ (power meter, sold separately)
- Power meter compatible (with third-party ANT+™-enabled power meters, sold separately)
- Compatible with Varia Vision™ (head-mounted display, sold separately)
- Compatible with Varia™ radar (rear-facing radar, sold separately)
- Compatible with Varia™ lights (sold separately)
- Speed and cadence sensor support (compatible with ANT+™ and Bluetooth® Smart sensors, sold separately)
- Preloaded swim profiles for pool and open water swimming
- Pool swim metrics (lengths, distance, pace, stroke count/rate, calories)
- Stroke type detection (freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke, butterfly)
- Open water swim metrics (distance, pace, stroke count/rate, stroke distance, calories)
- Swim efficiency (SWOLF)
- Drill logging
- Pool swim workouts
- Heart rate (with HRM-Tri™ and HRM-Swim™, sold separately)
- Automatically measures shot distance (calculates exact yardage for shots from anywhere on course)
- Yardage to F/M/B (distance to front, middle and back of green)
- Yardage to layups/doglegs
- Digital scorecard
- Stat tracking (strokes, putts per round, greens and fairways hit)
- Garmin AutoShot™
- Green View with manual pin position
- Hazards and course targets
- TruSwing™ compatible
Outdoor Recreation Features
- Preloaded outdoor recreation profiles for hiking, climbing, skiing, snowboarding, XC skiing, stand-up paddleboarding, rowing, jumpmaster, tactical
- Point-to-point navigation
- Bread crumb trail in real time
- Back to start
- UltraTrac mode
- Elevation profile
- Distance to destination
- Barometric trend indicator
- Storm alert
- Trail run auto climb
- Vertical speed
- Total ascent/descent
- Compatible with BaseCamp™
- GPS coordinates
- Projected waypoint
- Sight 'N Go
- Area calculation (via Connect IQ)
- Hunt/fish calendar (via Connect IQ)
- Sun and moon information (via Connect IQ)
- Dual grid coordinates
- Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data)
- Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer)
quatix® 5 Marine Multisport GPS Smartwatch
Up to 24 Hours GPS
Up to 60 Hours UltraTrac
Up to 14 Days Smartwatch Mode (Depending on Settings)
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
Free Standard Shipping is only applicable on orders over $49.00 and within the 48 contiguous United States. Free shipping does not apply to Truck Freight.
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 260 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 5 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers; computer software, electronics charts, and carry-on air conditioners. For electronics we will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 5 – 7 business days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464)