57mm Carbo Ratchamatic Single Block with Cam
|Diameter||3/8 Inch or 10 mm|
|Integral Cleat||Integral Cam|
|Length||4 1/16 Inches|
|Mount Type||Swivel Shackle|
|Safe Working Load||300 Pounds|
|Sheave Diameter||57 mm|
Harken 57mm Carbo Ratchamatic Single Block with Cam arms can be locked in more than five positions for fair leads.
Carbo Ratchets allow sailors to hand-hold loaded lines and offer balance between holding power and controlled easing. Lightweight Carbo Ratchets are available in 40mm, 57mm and 75mm sizes. All the Carbo Ratchets feature a recessed On-Off switch that is easily operated from either side. The 40mm cam-arm versions work in ratchet mode only. Commonly 57mm blocks are for jibsheets and spinnakers on medium sized dinghies.
The 40mm, 57mm and 75mm Carbo Ratchamatic® is adjustable for many applications and weather conditions. The load-sensing ratchet block rolls freely in both directions under low loads, then engages the ratchet automatically as loads increase. With 180 degree wrap, you get a 10:1 holding power.
- Eight-facet sheave holds line securely
- Ratchet Ratchamatic® blocks are hand and crew savers
- Allows a line to be eased instantly with control
- On/Off switch allows the ratchet to be turned off in light air
- Hardkote-anodized aluminum sheaves
- Stainless steel swivel shackle
- Sheave Diameter: 2 1/4" (57 mm)
- Max. Line Diameter: 3/8" (10 mm)
- Max. Working Load (MWL): 300 lb. (136 kg)
- Breaking Load: 750 lb. (340 kg)
- Weight: 9.4 oz. (266 g)
- Length: 4 1/16" (103 mm)
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.