75mm Carbo Fiddle Ratchet Block with Becket & Cam
|Diameter||1/2 Inch or 13 mm|
|Integral Cleat||Integral Cam|
|Length||7 7/16 Inches|
|Mount Type||Swivel Shackle|
|Safe Working Load||1212 Pounds|
|Sheave Diameter||75 mm|
Harken 75mm Carbo Fiddle Ratchet Block with Becket and Cam allows for 3:1 or 4:1 tackles on dinghy vangs and mainsheets.
Carbo Ratchets blocks allow sailors to hand-hold loaded lines and offer balance between holding power and controlled easing. Lightweight Carbo Ratchets are available in 40mm, 57mm and 75mm sizes. All the Carbo Ratchets feature a recessed On-Off switch that is easily operated from either side. The 40mm cam-arm versions work in ratchet mode only. Commonly 75mm fiddle blocks are for vang systems on larger to medium sized dinghies or keelboats.
The 40mm, 57mm and 75mm Carbo Ratchamatic® is adjustable for many applications and weather conditions. The load-sensing ratchet block rolls freely in both directions under low loads, then engages the ratchet automatically as loads increase. With 180 degree wrap, you get a 10:1 holding power.
- Hand-hold your loaded lines
- Use for vang systems on dinghies, sportsboats, and medium keelboats
- Ratchet blocks are hand and crew savers
- Allows a line to be eased instantly with control
- On/Off switch allows the ratchet to be turned off in light air
- Hardkote-anodized aluminum sheaves
- Stainless steel swivel shackle
- Sheave Diameter: 2 15/16" (75 mm)
- Max. Line Diameter: 1/2" (12 mm)
- Max. Working Load (MWL): 1212 lb. (550 kg)
- Breaking Load: 3637 lb. (1650 kg)
- Weight: 16.8 oz. (475 g)
- Length: 7 7/16" (189 mm)
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.