SNUBBAir Ratcheting Drum
It's not a winch, but a large ratcheting drum that can take the place of a small winch in many applications that have traditionally used a small winch. Sport Boats and other small sailboats can replace winches and ratchet blocks with SNUBBAir. The large diameter ratcheting drum offers more holding power than a ratchet block and allows the crew to use one wrap or two with easy cast off for faster tacks and gybes. The SNUBBAir weighs less than half the small winch is replaces and is 30% lower to the deck.
- Large Diameter deck mounted ratching drum that offers more line holding assistance than a ratchet block
- 30% lower to the deck, can be used to replaced higher profile heavier winches
- Integral threaded studs placed to match the bolt holes of the Harken B8A
- Two wraps or one easy cast off for quicker tacks or gybes
- Less than half the weight of the equivalent winch
SNUBBAir Ratcheting Drum
|Diameter||3/8 Inch or 10 mm|
|Integral Cleat||No Integral Cleat|
|Mount Type||Mechanical Fasteners|
|Safe Working Load||1000 Pounds|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on Orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).