A unique beverage pocket isn't the only thing these fishing shorts have to offer.
They're also designed to get wet, quickly dry, get wet again, quickly dry...you get the idea.
Taking their cue from Hook & Tackle's Original Beer Can Island Shorts, these swim trunks with a fishing point of view are made for the kind of fishing where you are almost guaranteed to get wet. Kayak fishing. Stand-up paddleboard fishing. Surf fishing. Inner tube fishing. Wading up the creek fishing. If the truth be told, even standing on the dock fishing comes with its own risks for ending up joining your prey in their element. These shorts can also be used for just taking a swim. Between their 100% quick-dry nylon fabric and the drainage holes in each pocket, they're almost dry before you get out of the water.
Are these swim trunks named for their unique pocket that serves as a way to hold your favorite beverage while you're hands are occupied? Nope. Hook & Tackle’s Original Beer Can Island Swim Trunks are named after Beer Can Island. Sandwiched between the Intracoastal Waterway and the Atlantic Ocean in Miami, Florida, this island was created by tidal currents and waves. If you aren't from the area, this is THE place for local boaters to hang out for barbecues, swimming, sunbathing or just enjoying the good time vibes on this rock in the middle of the bay. If you DO happen to need both hands for fishing or just want to hold them really far apart to show how big that fish you landed was...these swim trunks DO happen to have a pocket on their side that holds a can of whatever beverage makes you happy. It also makes a great place to stash your cell phone in between selfies. Imported.
- Cordura-lined pliers pocket for durability
- D-ring for keeping sunglasses or tools handy
- Deep, expandable front pockets hold tackle and other essentials
- Lightweight, 100% nylon for quick-drying comfort
- Mesh brief liner for enhanced moisture wicking
- Beverage can/utility/cell phone pocket for stashing important items
- Hidden inner pocket for keeping your fishing license and keys secure
- Drainage holes keep pockets from holding water
- Full-elastic waistband for active movement
- 8" inseam for extended coverage and protection
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.