Helix 5 CHIRP GPS G2 Fishfinder with CHIRP DualBeam PLUS Sonar
|Diagonal Screen Size||5 Inches|
7.55" Width x 4.64" Height x 3.3" Depth (Gimbal Mount)
7.55" Width x 4.28" Height x 1.13" Depth (In-Dash Mount)
|Display Type||Color TFT|
|GPS||Internal GPS Antenna|
|Resolution||800 x 480|
DualBeam PLUS Sonar
500 Watts (RMS)
4000 Watts (Peak to Peak)
|Warranty Details||One Year Limited|
Upgrade your experience: get your best view of the world under the waves using CHIRP sonar and all the special features you'll only get on your Helix 5.
You will love all the incredible features included on your Helix fishfinder/chartplotter. It's durably built for life on a boat and elegantly designed with a simple keypad and brilliant display. With this device you can view beautifully rendered images of the landscape beneath your vessel and the world around you. It has chartplotting and chartmaking abilities, narrow and wide beam sonar and navigational safety and steering features built-in. Connect it to your existing NMEA 2000/0183 system to fully integrate your equipment and master your fishing experience.
- A Beautiful View: 65,000 colors at 800 x 480 resolution packed onto a 5" high-definition TFT display that's crystal clear even in bright sunlight? Picture = Perfect. An included cover protects this high-quality screen when not in use from sunlight, fog and salt.
- New Perspectives: This display lets you view topographic and bathymetric data and maps or check out the world beneath your boat with wide or narrow beam sonar. You can view sonar coverage at 20° and 60°. Five preset views let you switch back and forth quickly and split screen functionality lets you zero-in on your next catch. Enjoy a masterful perspective of your surroundings right from your screen.
- Interconnected: Connect to your NMEA 2000/0183 system for total integration of your devices. Five ethernet ports let you network with other Humminbird head units or share a transducer. Wirelessly control your Humminbird screen using a Bluetooth remote (sold separately).
- Plot Your Path: Enjoy ContourXD Cartography and LakeMaster's high-definition coverage of U.S. lakes. 3,000 of those lakes feature detailed deph contours and this cartography comes included with your Humminbird device. Combine this with the SmartStrike compatibility that factors in weather, season, species and more to highlight where your next catch will be, the Helix 5 is poised to be your favorite fishing tool (SmartStrike SD card sold separately). This unit will also support cartography from Navionics+, Navionics Platinum+ and Humminbird Mapping. Chartplotting features let you create up to 2,500 waypoints, 47 routes and 50 tracks with 20,000 points.
- Worry-Free Navigation: Autopilot control means you'll never have to worry about deviating from your course even when boating in poor visibility. For those who own Minn, Kota, Ulterra, Terrova and PowerDrive V2 motors, this unit is compatible with i-Pilot Link for integrated GPS trolling systems. This feature guides your boat safely along a selected depth contour so you never have to worry about unseen obstacles while you fish. Built-in AIS and HD Radar capabilities give you peace of mind navigating high-traffic areas, bad weather and more.
- Catch Every Fish: The included transom mount transducer monitors temperature and depth. It has 8000W Peak output and dual CHIRP ranges to give you an excellent possible view to depths up to 1,500' with the included transducer. Choose between Clear and Max modes in the device's SwitchFire Sonar settings. 2 1/2" target separation means you will be able to see every fish and bottom feature in precise detail.
- Enhance Your Experience: Upgrade your charts or create new ones using AutoChart Live to create detailed digital maps and enhance the ones you have. This feature automatically maps depth contours, bottom hardness and vegetation so you'll see every detail even in previously uncharted waters. Two SD card slots allow you to use cartography cards and save screenshots, sonor recordings and waypoints. You can also upgrade your software any time there's an update on My Humminbird.
- Water-Ready: This display has a waterproof rating of IPX7 and only requires 10-20V DC, so it's ready for installation on your boat. A one year warranty lets you rest easy and focus on your off-shore adventure.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.