M424G Fixed-Mount VHF Radio with GPS Receiver
5.0 Amps (Receive)
5.5 Amps (Transmit)
|Dimensions||7 1/8" Width x 3 1/4" Height x 4 3/4" Depth|
|Display Type||Dot Matrix LCD|
Three Years Waterproof
|Noise Canceling Microphone||Yes|
M424G delivers superior performance in a compact package and features ICOM’s most intuitive user interface. Its built-in GPS receiver shows your current position and time and can be used for DSC calls. GPS data source is selectable from internal and external GPS (and GPS-OFF setting). M424G includes active noise canceling and Class D DSC. The active noise-canceling software quiets background noise by up to 90 percent on both outgoing and incoming calls.
The built-in DSC watch function monitors Channel 70 (DSC channel) activity, even while you are receiving another channel. DSC functions include distress, individual, group, all ships, urgency, safety, position request/report, polling request and DSC test calls.Featuring “smart touch” soft key human interface, built-in PA, AquaQuake™, IPX7 waterproof rating, and direct compatibility with ICOM’s MA-500TR AIS transponder and the CommandMic IV™.
- Channel Selection: Up/down keys
- Controls: Vol/Squelch knob, eight buttons, four soft keys
- Mic Controls: Channel up/down, Hi/low power, Optional CommandMic IV
- Display Type: Dot matrix LCD
- Scanning Modes: Dual/Tri/Tag scanning
- Weather Alert: Yes
- Receiver Performance: Sensitivity: 0.22µV; Rejection: 70dB
- Dimensions: 7 1/8"W x 3 1/4"H x 4 3/4"D
- Waterproof Rating: IPX7
- Warranty: Three-year waterproof
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.