M10IB5-SG-TB Marine Subwoof Driver
JL Audio’s M10IB5 is all about the bass.
This low-frequency subwoofer reproduces and emphasizes deep bass notes that are usually lacking in main speaker systems. JL Audio engineered the M10IB5 as the reference standard for marine subwoofer performance. This subwoofer allows your amplifier and main speakers to work with less distortion while maintaining the full-range sound spectrum. Adding this subwoofer to your system produces staggering amounts of jaw-dropping bass but if you want to listen to your music at a lower volume, the M10IB5 allows you to still hear every note, instrument or voice clearly.
Built to withstand marine environments and deliver years of dynamic sound performance, this M10IB5 is designed to operate without a dedicated enclosure. Its massive voice coil and sturdy suspension system produce outstanding linear excursion for high output and power handling. Optimized to operate with a large volume of air behind it, the M10IB5 is best used with a 75W-250W amplifier (sold separately).
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS): 250W
- Optimum Sealed Enclosure Volume: 2.0cu ft/56.6L
- Infinite-baffle use
- Very long linear excursion, DMA-optimized motor systems result in superior output with reduced distortion
- Vented motor design with marine-grade, stainless steel rear diffuser plate
- Injection-molded mica-filled polypropylene cone bodies with synthetic rubber surrounds, specifically formulated for marine duty
- Marine-grade, synthetic fiber spider with progressive roll design
- Specifically engineered Centrex® polymer baskets are corrosion and UV-resistant and encapsulate the motor system to prevent corrosion
- Gold-plated, marine-grade brass connection terminals
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.