JL AUDIO–M6-650X-C-GwGw 6.5" Marine Coaxial Speakers, White Classic Grilles
M6-650X-C-GwGw 6.5" Marine Coaxial Speakers, White Classic Grilles
Purpose-built to deliver amazing, clean sound in open-air boating environments, M6-Series speaker systems are JL Audio's finest marine loudspeakers, ever.
Engineered to deliver maximum audio performance, the M6-650X coaxial speakers feature a 6.5-inch frame design that is a direct fit replacement for most 6.5-inch marine speakers. Long excursion woofers and a high-efficiency design combine to produce impressive bass energy and clean mid-range dynamics for a speaker system capable of playing loud and clear in a powerboat at speed. Optimized for infinite-baffle operation, the M6-650X woofers are designed to operate without an enclosure behind them.
A 0.80-inch silk dome tweeter, specially treated to withstand UV and salt-spray exposure, ensures optimal high-frequency output and performance. Silk is utilized for its lightness and excellent damping properties for a smooth response. A permanent grille-mounted design ensures peak tweeter performance with no loss of woofer radiating area. A true 2-way passive crossover network is integrated within the woofer's frame and requires no additional mounting provision. Equipped with a self-resetting protection circuit, the signal going to the tweeter is monitored and automatically disconnected in the event of an overload to minimize the chances of tweeter failure.
Although M6-650X Coaxial Systems can be used with as little as 25 W per channel, amplifiers capable of between 75-150 W of continuous power per channel are recommended for best audio performance. All JL Audio marine speakers are saltwater-rated, utilizing corrosion and UV resistant materials throughout to exceed industry standards.
Sold as a pair.
- Acoustically engineered to deliver powerful, clean sound in open-air boat environments
- Saltwater-rated and built with corrosion and UV resistant materials throughout
- 6.5-inch frame is a direct replacement for most 6.5-inch marine speakers
- Long-excursion woofers designed to operate without an enclosure behind them (infinite baffle)
- 0.80-inch (20 mm) silk dome tweeters specially treated to withstand UV and salt-spray exposure
- Integrated 2-way passive crossover network with solid state tweeter protection circuit
- Continuous Power Handling: 75 Watts
- Recommended Amp Power: 25 - 150 Watts per channel
- System Efficiency: 89.5 dB
- System Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- System Frequency Response: 55 Hz - 25 KHz (± 3 dB)
- Built in USA with Global Components
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.