M6-880X-S-GwGw-i 8.8" Marine Coaxial Speakers, White Sport Grilles with RGB LED Lighting
Purpose-built to deliver world-class sound in open-air boating environments, M6-Series speaker systems are JL Audio's finest marine loudspeakers, ever.
Featuring a stout 8.8-inch design, the M6-880X coaxial speakers possess twice the cone area of conventional 6.5-inch speakers. Long excursion woofers and a high-efficiency design combine to produce low-frequency impact and immensely superior dynamics than smaller sized coaxial speakers. Optimized for infinite-baffle operation, the M6-880X woofers are designed to operate without an enclosure behind them.
A 1.25-inch silk dome tweeter, specially treated to withstand UV and salt-spray exposure, delivers high output and wide dispersion of the upper frequency details. Silk is utilized for its lightness and excellent damping properties for a smooth response. A permanent bridge-mounted design ensures peak tweeter performance with no loss of woofer radiating area. A true 2-way passive crossover network is integrated within the woofer's frame and requires no additional mounting provision. Equipped with a self-resetting protection circuit, the signal going to the tweeter is monitored and automatically disconnected in the event of an overload to minimize the chances of tweeter failure.
Outfitted with JL Audio's innovative Transflective™ lighting system (patent pending), state-of-the-art LED rings are positioned behind the woofer cones to produce vibrant accent lighting, in almost any color.
The ultra-bright RGB LEDs can be direct wired to display up to seven color assortments or connected to an RGB lighting controller (sold separately ) for adjustable lighting control.
Although M6-880X Coaxial Systems can be used with as little as 50 W per channel, amplifiers capable of between 125-250 W of continuous power per channel are recommended for best audio performance. All JL Audio marine speakers are saltwater-rated, utilizing corrosion and UV resistant materials throughout to exceed industry standards.
Sold as a pair.
- Acoustically engineered to deliver powerful, clean sound in open-air boat environments
- Saltwater-rated and built with corrosion and UV resistant materials throughout
- Substantial 8.8-inch design possesses twice the cone area of conventional 6.5-inch speakers
- Long-excursion woofers designed to operate without an enclosure behind them (infinite baffle)
- 1.25-inch (32 mm) silk dome tweeters specially treated to withstand UV and salt-spray exposure
- Integrated 2-way passive crossover network with solid state tweeter protection circuit
- Transflective™ RGB LED lighting system (patent pending) produces smooth and even accent lighting
- RGB LEDs can be direct wired to display up to seven color assortments or connected to an RGB lighting controller (sold separately ) for adjustable lighting control
- Continuous Power Handling: 125 Watts
- Recommended Amp Power: 50 - 250 Watts per channel
- System Efficiency: 90.5 dB
- System Nominal Impedance: 4 ohms
- System Frequency Response: 38 Hz - 20 KHz (± 3 dB)
- Built in USA with Global Components
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.