JL AUDIO–M700/5 5-Channel Class D Marine Amplifier
M700/5 5-Channel Class D Marine Amplifier
|Dimensions||10 1/4" Width x 2 1/16" Height x 7 1/8" Length|
|Warranty Details||Two Years|
This little amplifier is excellent for a complete audiophile-grade, subwoofer-plus-four satellite system, and it fits comfortably in just about any boat's weather-tight compartments.
NexD™ Technology: The breakthrough that makes this much power possible in such a small chassis is JL Audio's NexD™ ultra-high-speed switching design, which allows for full bandwidth Class D operation with extremely low distortion and outstanding efficiency.
Combine with a subwoofer amp: With the M700/5, you can drive two pairs of quality component speaker systems with plenty of clean power (75W x 4 @ 4Ω), while also delivering a stout 300W of power to a subwoofer system.
Filters: The M700/5 includes a 12 dB / octave high-pass filter for one main channel pair, a 12 dB octave high-pass or bandpass filter for the other main channel pair, plus a variable slope low-pass filter for its subwoofer channel. All three filters offer continuously variable cutoff frequency selection from 50-500 Hz.
Remote control: With the addition of an HD-RLC remote level control (sold separately), you have the ability to control the level of two, four or all six of the amplifier's channel levels from a remote location.
Built for the marine environment: This marine amplifier features white and gray powder-coat finishes, a gasketed cover for the controls and stainless steel hardware for durability in the marine environment.
- NexD™ amplifier technologies produce exceptional audio quality, unsurpassed total efficiency and high power from very compact amplifier designs
- JL Audio's exclusive Advanced Rollback Protection circuit monitors the amplifier's thermal condition and adjusts amplifier operation to eliminate annoying amplifier shut-down events
- Frequency Response: 12 Hz - 22 kHz (+0, -1dB)
- Signal/Noise Ratio, referred to highest rated power: >104 dB below rated power (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- Signal/Noise Ratio, referred to 1 W: >84 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- Damping Factor @ 4 Ω: >150 / 50 Hz
- Damping Factor @ 2 Ω: >75 / 50 Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise @ Rated Power: <1% @ 2 Ω per Ch.
- Input Voltage Range @ RCA Inputs: 100 mV - 4 V RMS
- Min. Copper Power / Ground Wire Gauge: 4 AWG wire
- Fuse Rating: 40 A (AFS, AGU or MaxiFuse™)
- Filter Mode(s): Low-Pass or High-Pass
- Filter Slope(s): 12 dB/octave
- Filter Frequency Range: 50 Hz - 500 Hz
- Detented, Calibrated Filter Freq. Potentiometers: Yes
- Filter Defeat Function: Yes
- Remote Level Control: Optional (HD-RLC)
- Remote Level Modes: 2 or 4 or all channels
- Channel Input Mode Switch: Yes (2/4/6 ch.)
- Pass-Through Preamp Output: Buffered
- Source Channel Selection for PreOuts: Yes
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.