M800/8v2 8-Channel Class D Full-Range Marine Amplifier
|Dimensions||14 3/4" Width x 2" Height x 7" Depth|
|Warranty Details||Two Years|
This amplifier is excellent for a simple audiophile-grade, subwoofer system.
Powerful and versatile, this amplifier from JL Audio delivers 100 watts to each of its eight channels. Built with JL’s patented NexD™ ultra-high-speed switching design, this Class D amp operates with extremely low distortion and exceptional efficiency. The M800/8v2 includes a 12 dB / octave filter for each channel bank, which can be configured as a low-pass or high-pass filter and offers continuously variable cutoff frequency selection from 50-500 Hz.
NexD™ Technology: NexD™ is advanced technology allowing for full bandwidth Class D operation with low distortion and high efficiency in a small chassis.
v2 Spec: An enhanced set of features that bear the "v2" designation make these models more versatile than ever. Boasting an Automatic Turn-On feature that detects a signal from any audio source automatically turning on the amplifier. This allows you to connect the amplifier directly to an iPhone or iPod.
The v2 Spec amplifiers also feature dual-range differential balanced input selection. Designed to give the user maximum flexibility for your installation needs, this amplifier ensures the high fidelity amplifier output you've come to expect from JL Audio without the need for messy line-output converters and other devices. It also combats induced cable noise while accepting a wide range of input signal levels
Filters: Includes a 12 dB / octave high-pass filter for each channel bank. They can be configured as a low-pass or high-pass filter offering continuous variable cutoff frequency from 50-500 Hz.
Built for the marine environment: Stainless steel hardware, a white/gray powder-coat finish, and a gasketed cover for the controls provide durability and longevity on your boat.
- NexD™ amplifier technologies produce exceptional audio quality, unsurpassed total efficiency and high power from very compact amplifier designs
- JL Audio's exclusive Advanced Rollback Protection circuit monitors the amplifier's thermal condition and adjusts amplifier operation to eliminate annoying amplifier shut-down events
- Eight-channel Satellite Amp: drive four pairs of speakers with 75 W x 8
- Six-Channel System Amp: drive front and rear satellites with 75 W x 4 @ 4Ω, plus two 4Ω subwoofers with 200 W each
- Staggered Six-Channel Satellite Amp: drive two speakers with 200 W x 2 @ 4Ω, plus four 4Ω speakers with 75 W each
- Big Four-Channel Satellite Amp: bridge to produce 200W x 4 @ 4Ω
- Four-Channel System Amp: drive left and right speakers with 200W x 2 @ 4Ω, plus two 4Ω subwoofers with 200W each
- Rated Continous (RMS) Power @ 14.4 V
@ 4 Ω 75 W RMS x 8
@ 2 Ω 100 W RMS x 8
Bridged @ 4Ω 200 W RMS x 4
- Rated Continuous (RMS) Power @ 12.5 V
@ 4 Ω 60 W RMS x 8
@ 2 Ω 90 W RMS x 8
Bridged @ 4Ω 180 W RMS x 4
- Frequency Response 12 Hz - 22 kHz (+0, -1dB)
- S/N Ratio referred to highest rated power >104 dB below rated power (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- S/N Ratio, referred to 1 W >84 dB (A-weighted, 20 Hz - 20 kHz noise bandwidth)
- Damping Factor @ 4 Ω >150 / 50 Hz
- Damping Factor @ 2 Ω >75 / 50 Hz
- THD+N @ Rated Power <1% @ 2 Ω per Ch.
- Input Voltage Range @ RCA Inputs 200 mV - 8 V RMS
- Min Copper Power / Ground Wire Gauge 4 AWG wire
- Fuse Rating 80 A (AFS, AGU or MaxiFuse™)
- Filter Modes Low-Pass or High-Pass
- Filter Slope (dB/Octave) 12dB
- Filter Frequency Range 50-500 Hz
- Detented, Calibrated Filter Freq. Potentiometers Yes
- Filter Defeatable? Yes
- Remote Level Control Optional (HD-RLC)
- Remote Level Modes 2 or 4 or All Channels
- Channel Input Mode Switch Yes (2/4/6/8 ch.)
- Pass-Through Preamp Output Type None
- Source Channel Selection for PreOuts N/A
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.