MW1230HW 3000 Watt Portable Modified Sine Wave Inverter
cETLus Certified to UL458
CSA C22.2 no. 107.1
|Output Waveform||Modified Sine Wave|
|Voltage||120 Volts AC|
|Warranty Details||One Year|
|Wattage||3000 Watts Continuous/6000 Watts Peak|
Draw AC power from your boat’s battery bank. Ideal for less sensitive equipment.
For less sensitive AC demands, boaters can take advantage of the lower cost of a modified sine wave inverter. Kisae True modified inverters use an electronically produced waveform to mimic grid supplied AC power from your boat’s battery banks. The result is power with slightly higher harmonic distortion that is compatible with all but the most sensitive electronics and variable speed motors; these sensitive loads can be damaged or have a shortened life using a modified sine wave inverter.
This modified sine wave inverter is easy to use. Two standard three-prong 120V GFCI outlets are built into the front of the inverter for ‘plug and play’ operation. An integrated 5V USB port is offered to charge mobile devices without having to give up one of the outlets. Vital system information is provided through a bright LED display that shows input voltage, output power, fault warning and error codes. LED indicators display system status. Because of its capacity, users have the option to hardwire this inverter into an AC system add convenience.
Kisae inverters have built in safety features to protect the inverter and the boat’s electrical system. To prevent battery damage, a low-voltage shut-down will turn OFF the inverter if batteries dip to 10.5V; an alarm will sound to provide time to save your work (if on a computer) before AC is cut off. Overvoltage protection shuts down the inverter at 15.5V. In extreme temperatures, the inverter will also shut down to prevent damage.
The 3000W continuous rating makes this inverter ideal for boats with above average AC demands and will allow several AC loads to run at the same time. Great for running a microwave, hair-dryers, flat screen TV, entertainment equipment or blender. The 6000W surge capacity will allow spikes caused during start-up of AC loads without blowing a fuse or tripping a breaker.
Continue to enjoy the convenience of using appliances and power tools when you are away from the dock by converting DC battery power to a safe AC power that is compatible with most loads. Install a Kisae Modified Sine inverter and get more out of your house bank batteries.
- Modified sine wave AC inverter ideal for less sensitive AC loads
- Can be hardwired into boat’s AC system to support several loads and add convenience
- 2 Built in 120V outlets plus one screw terminals to be hardwired into boat’s AC system
- Integrated 5V USB port to charge mobile devices without giving up an 120V outlet
- High start-up surge capability to prevent blown fuses and tripped breakers
- LED display provides valuable system information
- Built in low voltage, overload and high-temperature shut-downs
- Ideal for boats with larger AC loads including microwaves, coffee makers, hair dryers, and power tools.
- Not recommended for use with sensitive electronics and variable speed motors (check with equipment manufacturer for power requirements before selecting a modified sine wave inverter)
- Dimensions: 19 3/16"L x 9"W x 4 1/2"H
- Weight: 12.8 lbs.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.