LEWMAR–60mm HTX Togglehead Block
60mm HTX Togglehead Block
|Diameter||1/2 Inch or 13 mm|
|Integral Cleat||No Integral Cleat|
|Mount Type||Fixed Lashing Eye|
|Safe Working Load||2425 Pounds|
|Sheave Diameter||60 mm|
High quality blocks that have evolved from years of experience.
60mm single blocks with toggle heads are great for halyard turning blocks that use integrated mast base studs and external halyards. Check the pin and toggle width to confirm compatibility with the existing mast base studs or masthead casting. The larger sheave is compatible with 1/2" line.
The HTX line is Lewmar’s answer to the racer/cruiser looking for a top quality block with racing type performance without having to pay a Grand Prix price. A collaboration with boat builders and sailors blended with years of manufacturing experience with have resulted in strong, efficient blocks made to handle high loads of today’s smaller diameter lines.
Aluminum cheeks add strength and rigidity to the block and serve as an excellent foundation for a combination of plain and ball bearings. The center plain bearing provides efficiency for high loads while Delrin® ball bearings handle the side thrust loads. Safe working loads and maximum line diameter is clearly marked on the edge of the durable and UV resistant acetal sheave.
The head pin design comes from a page out of Lewmar’s racing book. The stainless steel pin swivels freely, but can be locked in one position with a grub screw locking mechanism similar to those found on racing blocks. Included shackles are 316 stainless steel for superior corrosion resistance.
It takes high quality materials, the knowledge of sailors and builders, and race proven design to produce a block of this caliber at a racer/cruiser price point.
- Reliable, quality block designed for racer/cruiser applications
- Engineered for high loads and reduced diameter lines
- Aluminum cheeks add strength and rigidity
- Plain central bearing handles high loads with efficiency
- Delrin® (acetal) ball bearings control side loads
- Head pin design based on racing level blocks
- Grub screw locking mechanism secures blocks in a fixed position
- Acetal sheave features clearly labeled safe working load and maximum line diameter
- Ideal for frequently adjusted loads
- Compatible with 1/2" line
- Ideal for:
- Halyard turning blocks on mast base integrated systems
- External halyard masthead blocks
|Sheave Diameter||Compatible Line||Toggle Inside Width||Pin Diameter||Pin to Top of the Block|
|50mm||3/8" (10mm)||37/64" (15mm)||7/32" (6mm)||5/16" (8mm)|
|60mm||1/2" (12mm)||45/64" (18mm)||5/16" (8mm)||25/64" (10mm)|
|72mm||9/16" (14mm)||56/64" (23mm)||25/64" (10mm)||3/8" (9.5MM)|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.