60mm Synchro Footblock
A unique block that is synchronized with running rigging systems.
The 60mm footblock without jammer is ideal for turning lines along the deck, cockpit or any flat surface. Commonly used for spinnaker sheets, travelers, jib car systems and more. The larger sheave diameter works well with up to 3/8" lines.
Synchro blocks combine geometry, sheave ratios and a unique Free Spin bearing to deliver performance that’s comparable to ball and roller bearing blocks used in racing—but at a more affordable price. Designed to optimize the relationship between block and line, these blocks maximize efficiency and reduce wear to both line and block. The cheek block or footblock version of these popular blocks feature a solid aluminum base to protect the sheave and bearing from possible sealant egress and an aluminum cheek for additional durability and strength. Available with or without jammer.
Synchro blocks use a larger sheave that features the Free Spin bearing. The bigger diameter sheave prevents distortion and reduces line wear while the Free-Spin bearing handles higher static loads.
Designed to be synchronized with your boat’s running rigging systems, Lewmar Synchro blocks are an ideal choice for the sailor looking to get more for less: racing features at a cruising price.
- Plain bearing block with ball bearing like performance
- Highly efficient free-spin bearing reduces drag
- Solid aluminum base prevents sealant egress into sheave or bearing
- Molded insets in base hold sealant close to fasteners to maintain seal while under load
- Aluminum cheek for added strength and durability
- Compatible with 5/16"—3/8" line
- Standard equipment on newer racer/cruiser sailboats including Beneteau
- Ideal for:
- Turning lines along deck, cockpit or other flat surfaces
- Spinnaker sheets and guys
- Can be used with angled pad to improve line scope
|Sheave Diameter||Line Range|
60mm Synchro Footblock
|Diameter||3/8 Inch or 10 mm|
|Integral Cleat||No Integral Cleat|
|Mount Type||Mechanical Fasteners|
|Safe Working Load||1760 Pounds|
|Sheave Diameter||60 mm|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.