H3 Gypsy/Drum Heavy Duty Windlass
9/16" to 5/8" Line
|Dimensions||8 5/16" Height x 14 1/4" Width x 14 3/8" Length|
|Maximum Pull||1900 Pounds|
|Minimum Boat Length||30 Feet|
|Maximum Boat Length||45 Feet|
|Retrieval Speed||59' per Minute at 475 Pounds|
|Anchoring Speed||Power Down 59 Feet per Minute|
|Type||Rope and Chain Rode|
|Warranty Details||Three Years|
Lewmar's H3 Horizontal Windlass is a good choice for many 30'-45' boats.
Lewmar's H3 winch simplifies installation with its horizontal design. Dependable service is assured by the robust worm drive motor gearbox and sealed case for reduced maintenance and long life in the marine environment. The low-profile design frees up valuable deck space and aluminum and composite maincase reduce weight on the bow. This model comes with a reed switch and magnet fitted as standard for chain counter applications. Operates on 12V DC and includes a 110A circuit breaker, H3 gypsy for 10mm (3/8") chain and guarded up/down rocker switch.
For specifications, installation and replacement parts, see the H2/H3 Windlass Manual.
- For boats 30'–45'
- Accommodates rope/chain rodes
- Horizontal one-piece design simplifies installation
- Robust horizontal worm motor-gearbox for reliable performance
- Integral contactor protected by maincase
- Sealed waterproof unit requires minimum maintenance
- Aluminum and composite maincase for reduced weight
- Stainless steel warping drum and unique "wear and abrasion reduction pattern" finish
- Includes reed switch and magnet fitted as standard for chain counter applications
- Three year warranty
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.