Ocean #65 Chrome Self-Tailing 2-Speed Winch
|Drum Material||Chromed Bronze|
3.3:1 in First Gear
15.3:1 in Second Gear
13.4:1 in First Gear
66:1 in Second Gear
|Warranty Details||Three Years|
Advanced technology and innovative features have made Ocean Series the world’s most popular winches.
Racing sailors appreciate the smooth operation and flawless performance. Cruising sailors can benefit from Lewmar’s race-bred engineering and simple tool-free maintenance.
Lewmar uses the finest materials. A massive, all-bronze, one-piece center stem supports stainless steel main shafts and gear spindles that lend exceptional strength. Bronze gear trains deliver smooth power; high-tensile bronze gears are machine-cut to very high tolerances.
The rigid, one-piece nylon cage with snap-in stainless steel bearings and integral grease pocket for permanent lubrication and free-running bearings assure you the winch will not seize up under any operating load.
- Fewer moving parts means fewer problems and simpler maintenance
- Assisted by a screw-on cap and strip-from-the-top construction, Lewmar winches can be easily and completely disassembled by the consumer without removing the winch from the boat
- A highly efficient feeder arm design produces minimum friction and ensures absolutely snag-free operation
- Ocean’s unique grip pattern makes rope handling easy—easier still with a self-tailing model, which incorporates Lewmar’s Wavespring feature, a combination of the gentle Wavegrip and self-adjusting springs to handle today’s smaller diameter ropes
- Lewmar Ocean winches are backed by an impressive three-year warranty against defects in parts and workmanship
- Select an aluminum drum (A) for handling line or chromed bronze (C) for all rigging materials
- All-bronze, all-chrome and stainless steel winches are available through Special Order
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.