V700 Vertical Windlass
Fast line speeds, “FallSafe” gypsy lock and an emergency manual deployment option.
With 100% 316 stainless steel housing and a sleek flush-mount design that hides the motor down below, the V700 is one of the most attractive and durable windlasses. It works at the push of a button.
The low-profile deck unit is fitted with a heavy-duty control arm and stripper. Noteworthy is the “FallSafe” gypsy lock that prevents accidental deployment while under way. Rated IP67 (waterproof to one meter), it includes an impact-resistant motor cover, solenoid and reed switch magnet fitted as standard for chain counter. For powerboats and sailboats.
- 100% Grade 316 stainless steel deck unit
- IP67 rated housing is completely submersible
- Fall Safe anchor lock prevents accidental deployment
- Fast line speed, typically 50 feet per minute, maximum 82 feet per minute
- Manual recovery
- Impact-resistant motor cover
- Gypsy Number: 603
- Rope: 12 mm (1/2”) 3 Strand and 8 Plait
- Chain: 6mm DIN 766, 6 mm ISO 4565, 7 mm DIN 766, 1/4” ACCO ISO G43 (G4), 1/4” ACCO BBB (3B)
- Motor Power: 320W
- Style: Vertical
- Boat Length: To 35'
- Rode Type: Rope/chain
- Maximum Pull: 700lb.
- Case Material: 316 stainless steel
- Capstan/Gypsy Material: Stainless steel
- Warranty: Five years
What's in the Box
- V700 Vertical Windlass
- Base gasket seal and below-deck mounting clamps
- Mounting studs: 3" x 5/8" qty - 3 ( with nuts and washers )
- All-in-one Installation Wrench
- Toggle switch and circuit breaker
- Installation and operation manual
Items needed for install (sold separately)
- Wiring and terminals
- Hole saws - 2-1/2" and 4-1/2"
- 3/8" drill bit
- Crimp tool
V700 Vertical Windlass
|Dimensions||Above Deck: 5" Width x 2 3/4" Height x 7 3/4" Length|
|Maximum Pull||700 Pounds|
|Minimum Boat Length||20 Feet|
|Maximum Boat Length||35 Feet|
|Retrieval Speed||50' per Minute at 175 Pounds|
|Anchoring Speed||Power Down 82 Feet per Minute|
|Type||Rope and Chain Rode|
|Warranty Details||Five Years|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles