Precision 9 Rate Compass
Precision 9 Rate Compass
|Connection Interface||NMEA 2000|
|Warranty Details||Two Years|
Supplies accurate heading and rate-of-turn information to compatible Simrad, Lowrance or B&G autopilot, radar and navigation systems over an NMEA 2000 connection.
The Precision-9 Compass supplies accurate heading and rate-of-turn information to Simrad autopilot, radar and navigation systems over an NMEA 2000 connection. With an internal array of solid-state sensors constantly measuring motion and orientation on nine axes, the Precision-9 also provides pitch and roll data to compatible equipment. An easily adjustable mounting bracket and single-cable connection allow simple installation aboard any vessel, including up-mast mounting suitable for steel hulls.
NMEA 2000 Heading and ROT Output: With NMEA 2000 output, the Simrad Precision-9 Compass provides heading, Rate Of Turn (ROT), pitch and roll information to connected equipment including autopilots, radar, multi-function displays, and other navigational systems.
Solid-State Sensor Technology: The Precision-9 Compass incorporates a sophisticated solid-state sensor array based on MEMS technology. This high-precision array measures motion on nine separate axes in order to calculate the most accurate heading and rate-of-turn information possible, avoiding many common limitations of conventional fluxgate electronic compasses and delivering heading accuracy of ±2 degrees after calibration.
Mount Almost Anywhere: An easily adjustable mounting bracket allows the Precision-9 Compass to be installed on any vessel, in almost any location. The compass may also be mounted directly to any flat surface and, with an IPX7 waterproof rating, external up-mast installation is possible on steel hulled vessels to avoid magnetic interference. Installation is further simplified by NMEA 2000 connectivity, with a single cable carrying both power and data.
- Heading, Rate Of Turn (ROT), pitch and roll output over NMEA 2000
- Accurate and reliable solid-state sensor technology
- Heading accuracy of ±2° after calibration
- Easily adjustable mounting bracket allows bulkhead or up-mast installation
- IPX7 waterproof for external up-mast mounting on steel hulled vessels
- Simple installation with a single NMEA 2000 connection
Output on NMEA 2000 Format
- Messages: PGN 127250, 127251, 127257, 127252
- Data Output: Magnetic heading (20 Hz), rate of turn (20 Hz), pitch/roll (10 Hz), heave (10 Hz)
- Status information
- Dimensions: 4 11/16"W x 1 7/16"H x 4 11/16"D
- Mounting Style: Bulkhead or flat surface
- Cable Length: 15' incl. connector
- Repeatability: +/- 1.0° (or better)
- Roll/Pitch Range: +/- 45°
- Heading Accuracy: +/- 2° after calibration
- Voltage: 8-16V DC via NMEA 2000
- Power Consumption: 0.4W (LEN: 1)
- Waterproof Rating: IPX7
- Warranty: Two years
What's in the Box
- Precision-9 Compass
- Micro-C T-connector 000-0119-79 N2K-T-RD
- 15' NMEA 2000 cable 000-0119-86 N2KEXT-15RD
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.