MM Series Modified Sine Wave Inverter/Charger
ETL Listed to UL/cUL458
CSA C22.2 #107.1-01
|Multi Bank Chargers||1 Bank|
|Output Waveform||Modified Sine Wave|
|Voltage||12 Volts DC|
|Warranty Details||Two Years|
1200 Watts Continuous
1375 Watts Peak
Compact inverter/charger with big features.
The magnum MM series inverter/chargers are ideal for boats with small to moderate AC demands and limited installation space. Combining an inverter and charger already saves space, but Magnum takes it to the next level. The unique hour-glass shape, low profile and ability to be installed almost anywhere (including upside down) give the MM increased installation possibilities. The modified sine wave AC is compatible with all but the most sensitive electronics and motors. A four stage charger safely and efficiently charges battery banks while maximizing battery life.
The modified sine wave inverter will convert battery bank power to usable AC for most AC loads. You will be able to enjoy use of microwaves, appliances and power tools that don’t rely on a microprocessor. Due to higher levels of harmonic distortion AC supplied by modified sine wave inverters can adversely effect sensitive electronic equipment; check with equipment manufacturers to confirm requirements before use.
Automatic transfer switch makes the transition from battery power to shore power seamless. When shore power AC is detected, the inverter will immediately transfer the loads to protect the batteries from unnecessary discharge. The switch happens within 16 milliseconds and is hardly detectable by users or equipment.
4-Stage charger with power factor correction efficiently and safely charges flooded, AGM, Gel and Lithium-Ion batteries (with ME-RC or ME-ARC remote control) while maximizing battery life. The charger evaluates battery condition and then cycles through bulk, absorption, float and full charge stages to deliver the quickest charge. Power factor correction ensures all of the charger’s capacity is available regardless of AC input.
Protection is built in. To prevent damaged to the batteries, the inverter will shut down if battery voltage reached 10V. Over-current and over-voltage protection keep the inverter functioning within its capacity even as demands increase. In dangerously high temperatures, the inverter charger will shut down to prevent a hazardous situation.
With 1200W of continuous AC the MM can provide power to handle moderate loads. Ideal for medium sized boats that have an occasional need for a small microwave, smaller coffee maker, refrigerator or power drill. Caution will be required to avoid overloading the inverter by using multiple AC devices at the same time.
- Compact inverter/charger for small to moderate AC demands
- Compact design allows great installation options making it ideal for space limited applications
- Modified sine wave inverter is compatible with all but most sensitive electronics and equipment that use microprocessors and variable speed motors
- Transfer switch automatically switches to shore power when plugged in
- 4 stage charger safely and efficiently charges batteries while maximizing battery life
- Temperature compensation with included battery temp sensor
- Power factor corrected to deliver consistent charge regardless of available AC
- Manual equalization feature to maximize battery capacity by removing sulfuric crystal build up on plates (with ME-RC or ME-ARC remote control)
- Low voltage shut down protects batteries discharging below safe levels
- Safety Functions overcurrent, over temp
- Dimensions: 16 5/8"L x 8 3/8"W x 4 3/4"H
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.