These oversized sunglasses are so light, you won't even get those nose pad dents on the sides of your nose.
Banyans is one of the Big Island's most adrenaline-pumping surf spots. Known for shallow reefs, unpredictable swells and locals that don't always want to share their little slice of surf heaven. After you've worn them any length of time, you might not want to share your Maui Jim Banyans Polarized Sunglasses either. With their rimless, 8-base, oversized wrap frames of durable Grilamid, these shades are so light on your face you might forget you're wearing them (if they weren't so good at improving your view of the world). Utilizing MauiBrilliant™, Maui Jim's most advanced lens material, you get optics nearly as clear as glass yet only one-third the weight. The previously mentioned nonslip rubber nose pads are adjustable for comfort and to help keep your Banyans securely on your face. Although, if you want to be extra sure they don't end up falling off at an inopportune moment (like when watching the surf break from a sight-seeing boat or while asking for directions to the best surf spot), a neoprene retainer or leash (sold separately) is inexpensive insurance.
Neutral Gray – this tint has the highest light reduction for rich color and contrast. Best for bright, direct sunlight.
Maui HT™ – this tint has the highest usable light transmission for incredible depth perception when most lenses would be too dark. Best in variable light conditions.
- Maui Jim's highest optical grade non-glass, injection molded lens material
- PolarizedPlus2® technology eliminates 99.9% of glare
- Superior precision with absolute clarity
- Sharp contrast with great depth perception
- Bi-Gradient mirror at the top and bottom of the lens squints for you so your eyes can relax
- Anti-reflective surface blocks bounce-back glare from behind and eliminates eye fatigue
- Enhance natural light instead of dimming it for exceptional color and clarity
- Waterproof and oleophobic to shed water and repel grease
- Block 100% of all harmful UV rays
- 95% reduction in high-energy blue light (HEV)
- Enhance red, green and blue light waves
- A lightweight, durable polymer with extreme bending strength
- Retains its shape
- Modified rectangle style
- Smooth, high-gloss finish
- Fixed saddle-style bridge
- Adjustable, nonslip rubber nose pads
- Anti-corrosive, stainless steel pin hinge
- 8 base curve
- MauiBrilliant™ lenses
- Grilamid frames
- Includes case
- Prescription ready
- Two-year warranty
All Maui Jim sunglasses have been recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation as an effective UV filter for the eyes and surrounding skin.
Banyans Polarized Sunglasses
|Lens Material||Maui Evolution Synthetic|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.