Do you like the looks of a retro wayfarer style, but need the extra protection of a wrap frame?
No need for compromise. These sunglasses have both.
Maui Jim's Kahi Polarized Sunglasses are curved to fit closer to your face to help stop reflected UV rays from sneaking in around your eyes when you're on the water. Their PolarizedPlus2® lens technology goes beyond shielding your eyes from glare and harmful UV to reveal and enhance the colors that define your waterlife. With SuperThin Glass lenses you get Maui Jim's crispest optics and the best scratch and solvent resistance. Durable, corrosion-resistant and lightweight, these nylon frames have a wrap style that works as hard as you do. Their curved shape and wide temples provide extra protection from stray UV light, sand and even some allergens. Nonslip, embedded rubber nose pads and rubber tipped temples are included for comfort and to help keep them on your face. Although, if you want to be extra sure they don't end up falling off at an inopportune moment (like when you have to execute an Eskimo roll with your kayak or while checking your steaks on the grill at the beach), a neoprene retainer or leash (sold separately) is inexpensive insurance.
Neutral Gray – this tint has the highest light reduction for rich color and contrast. Best for bright, direct sunlight.
SuperThin Glass Lenses
- Absolute crispest optics available
- 20% thinner and lighter than standard glass lenses
- PolarizedPlus2® technology eliminates 99.9% of glare
- Superior precision with absolute clarity
- Sharp contrast with great depth perception
- Bi-Gradient mirror at the top and bottom of the lens squints for you so your eyes can relax
- Anti-reflective surface blocks bounce-back glare from behind and eliminates eye fatigue
- Enhance natural light instead of dimming it for exceptional color and clarity
- Best scratch and solvent resistance
- Waterproof and oleophobic to shed water and repel grease
- Block 100% of all harmful UV rays
- 95% reduction in high-energy blue light (HEV)
- Enhance red, green and blue light waves
- Lightweight injection-molded nylon
- Comfortable wrap style
- Saddle-style bridge
- Embedded rubber nose pads
- Rubber tipped temples
- Hidden spring hinge
- 8 base curve
- SuperThin Glass lenses
- Nylon frames
- Includes case
- Prescription ready
- Two-year warranty
All Maui Jim sunglasses have been recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation as an effective UV filter for the eyes and surrounding skin.
Kahi Polarized Sunglasses
|Lens Material||Super Thin Glass|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.