These lightweight sunglasses offer proof that less is more:
Glareless. Rimless. Boundless in their usefulness.
Taking their inspiration from Hawaii's first (and still working) lighthouse built of wood by Kamehameha III in 1840 and then reconstructed in concrete in 1916, Maui Jim's Lighthouse Polarized Sunglasses are aptly named with their reliable 8-base frames of lightweight yet durable nylon. Their PolarizedPlus2® lens technology goes beyond shielding your eyes from glare and harmful UV rays to reveal and enhance the colors that define your view of the water and land around you. If durability and protection against shattering are a priority, Maui Jim's polycarbonate lens material is up to the task. You'll also find nonslip rubber nose pads to ensure your comfort and to help keep them on your face. Although, if you want to be extra sure they don't end up falling off at an inopportune moment (like while exploring a deserted island or taking shish-kebabs off the grill on the deck of your boat), a neoprene retainer or leash (sold separately) is inexpensive insurance.
Neutral Gray – this tint has the highest light reduction for rich color and contrast. Best for bright, direct sunlight.
HCL® Bronze – this tint is versatile in changing conditions and provides excellent contrast. Great if you love a warm, subtle bronze tint. Best in full sunlight to overcast.
- Offers the most shatter resistance
- Durable and lightweight
- PolarizedPlus2® technology eliminates 99.9% of glare
- Superior precision with absolute clarity
- Sharp contrast with great depth perception
- Bi-Gradient mirror at the top and bottom of the lens squints for you so your eyes can relax
- Anti-reflective surface blocks bounce-back glare from behind and eliminates eye fatigue
- Enhance natural light instead of dimming it for exceptional color and clarity
- Waterproof and oleophobic to shed water and repel grease
- Block 100% of all harmful UV rays
- 95% reduction in high-energy blue light (HEV)
- Enhance red, green and blue light waves
- Lightweight, high-grade nylon is lightweight and extremely durable
- Rimless, modified rectangle style
- Smooth, high-gloss finish
- Fixed saddle-style bridge
- Nonslip rubber nose pads
- Anti-corrosive, stainless steel pin hinge
- 8 base curve
- Polycarbonate lenses
- Nylon frames
- Saltwater safe
- Includes case
- Two-year warranty
All Maui Jim sunglasses have been recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation as an effective UV filter for the eyes and surrounding skin.
These products may contain bisphenol-A (BPA), a chemical known to the state of California to cause harm to the female reproductive system.
Lighthouse Polarized Sunglasses
|Lens Color||Maui HT|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.