These sunglasses feature a refined rectangular frame that best fits medium- to large-sized faces.
Red Sand Beach has sands that are a deep red-black color that really pops next to the clear Hawaiian waters on Kaihalulu Bay. Just as striking are Maui Jim's Red Sands Polarized Sunglasses. Their PolarizedPlus2® lens technology quickly goes beyond shielding your eyes from glare and harmful UV rays to revealing and enhancing the colors that define where you live and play. Utilizing MauiPure® lenses, Maui Jim's most popular non-glass lens material, you get optics almost as crisp as glass yet they're ultra lightweight and offer excellent scratch and shatter resistance. And their lightweight frames are made of injected nylon with a high-gloss finish that really makes their colors pop. You'll find the adjustable, nonslip nose pads are comfortable and help keep your sunglasses on your face. Although, if you want to be extra sure they don't end up falling off at an inopportune moment (like when snapping photos of the dolphins escorting your boat or beachcombing on one of the only red sand beaches in the world), a neoprene retainer or leash (sold separately) is inexpensive insurance.
HCL® Bronze – this tint is versatile in changing conditions and provides excellent contrast. Great if you love a warm, subtle bronze tint. Best in full sunlight to overcast.
Maui HT™ – this tint has the highest usable light transmission for incredible depth perception when most lenses would be too dark. Best in variable light conditions.
- Maui Jim's most popular lens material
- Ultra lightweight with excellent scratch and shatter resistance
- Optics almost as crisp as SuperThin Glass
- PolarizedPlus2® technology eliminates 99.9% of glare
- Superior precision with absolute clarity
- Sharp contrast with great depth perception
- Bi-Gradient mirror at the top and bottom of the lens squints for you so your eyes can relax
- Anti-reflective surface blocks bounce-back glare from behind and eliminates eye fatigue
- Enhance natural light instead of dimming it for exceptional color and clarity
- Waterproof and oleophobic to shed water and repel grease
- Block 100% of all harmful UV rays
- 95% reduction in high-energy blue light (HEV)
- Enhance red, green and blue light waves
- Thin and lightweight injected nylon
- Rectangular frame style
- High-gloss finish
- Saddle-style bridge design
- Adjustable, nonslip nose pads
- Traditional pin hinge
- 6 base curve
- MauiPure® lenses
- Nylon frames
- Includes case
- Prescription ready
- Two-year warranty
All Maui Jim sunglasses have been recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation as an effective UV filter for the eyes and surrounding skin.
Red Sands Polarized Sunglasses
|Lens Color||Maui Rose|
|Lens Material||Maui Pure Synthetic|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.