Spartan Reef Polarized Sunglasses
|Lens Color||Neutral Grey|
|Lens Material||Super Thin Glass|
These sunglasses feature the extra protection of a wrap-around style with thinner temples for greater peripheral vision.
Known for producing big surf and long sessions, Spartan Reef is one of the outer reefs of Kanaha located about one and a half miles north of Kahului Airport on the Central Maui Coastline. Maui Jim's Spartan Reef Polarized Sunglasses feature sleek wrap frames of lightweight yet tough nylon (Model 15215767 has a rubber frame) and SuperThin Glass lenses with outstanding optics and the best scratch and solvent resistance. Their PolarizedPlus2® lens technology goes beyond shielding your eyes from glare and harmful UV rays to reveal and enhance the colors that define wherever you live and play. Embedded nonslip rubber nose pads and temples help keep them on your face. Although, if you want to be extra sure they don't end up falling off at an inopportune moment (like when leaning over the gunnel to gaff that trophy muskie or leaning over the railing of the dock to observe the local seal gathering spot), a neoprene retainer or leash (sold separately) is inexpensive insurance.
HCL® Bronze – this tint is versatile in changing conditions and provides excellent contrast. Great if you love a warm, subtle bronze tint. Best in full sunlight to overcast.
SuperThin Glass Lenses
- Absolute crispest optics available
- 20% thinner and lighter than standard glass lenses
- PolarizedPlus2® technology eliminates 99.9% of glare
- Superior precision with absolute clarity
- Sharp contrast with great depth perception
- Bi-Gradient mirror at the top and bottom of the lens squints for you so your eyes can relax
- Anti-reflective surface blocks bounce-back glare from behind and eliminates eye fatigue
- Enhance natural light instead of dimming it for exceptional color and clarity
- Best scratch and solvent resistance
- Waterproof and oleophobic to shed water and repel grease
- Block 100% of all harmful UV rays
- 95% reduction in high-energy blue light (HEV)
- Enhance red, green and blue light waves
- Lightweight, yet tough nylon or rubber (Model 15215767 only)
- Modified rectangular style
- Gloss or matte finish
- Fixed saddle-style bridge
- Embedded, nonslip rubber nose pads and temples
- Anti-corrosive spring hinge
- 8 base curve
- SuperThin Glass lenses
- Nylon or rubber frames
- Includes case
- Prescription ready
- Two-year warranty
All Maui Jim sunglasses have been recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation as an effective UV filter for the eyes and surrounding skin.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.